Texas Hunting Forum

Started pulling game camera pics

Posted By: Jeff in TX

Started pulling game camera pics - 09/03/20 09:38 PM

Finally went a pulled game cam pics since going live a little over a week ago. Lordy do I have tons of hogs. Seeing some smaller bucks each day. This lad has been showing up the past couple of days. He still needs another year or so, but not a bad start.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Started pulling game camera pics - 09/03/20 10:21 PM

What are the galvanized posts for? Especially the one on the right side? confused2

Nice looking buck, by the way.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Started pulling game camera pics - 09/03/20 10:26 PM

nice looking buck ... I am guessing those are some type of LED lights on the galvanized poles??? with self contained batteries?
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Started pulling game camera pics - 09/03/20 11:37 PM

Nice looking buck. He looks mature but not old enough that another year would hurt him any.

Re: Started pulling game camera pics - 09/03/20 11:42 PM

I've got two green 120 LED solar lights on each pole for hog hunting at night. They come on at dusk and run virtually all night. They were actually solar powered LED white street lights. I took the lenses off and put green transparent film inside and converted them into hog hunting lights. They work great and ran me about $74 per light including extension arm. A heck of a lot cheaper than some of the actual hog lights for feeders. This stand is 163 yards from the south tripod and 153 from the north tripod. Usually we only use one per feeder but with these longer ones two really help.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Started pulling game camera pics - 09/04/20 01:20 AM

Looks great
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Started pulling game camera pics - 09/04/20 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff in TX
I've got two green 120 LED solar lights on each pole for hog hunting at night. They come on at dusk and run virtually all night. They were actually solar powered LED white street lights. I took the lenses off and put green transparent film inside and converted them into hog hunting lights. They work great and ran me about $74 per light including extension arm. A heck of a lot cheaper than some of the actual hog lights for feeders. This stand is 163 yards from the south tripod and 153 from the north tripod. Usually we only use one per feeder but with these longer ones two really help.

Good idea up
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Started pulling game camera pics - 09/04/20 12:21 PM

Nice buck. Looks 5 to me in this pic.

Also looks like you've were blessed with some nice rain.

Re: Started pulling game camera pics - 09/04/20 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS

We needed rain bad. Graham and New Castle just south of us got pounded with a 3 and 4" inches. We had a day with light steady rain that dropped about 1/2" and couple short hard down pours where we got almost another 1/2". The big storms seem to split off right as they were getting near us. I was hoping for a few inches but will take what we can get. My tank needs a good heavy rain!
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Started pulling game camera pics - 09/04/20 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff in TX
Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS

We needed rain bad. Graham and New Castle just south of us got pounded with a 3 and 4" inches. We had a day with light steady rain that dropped about 1/2" and couple short hard down pours where we got almost another 1/2". The big storms seem to split off right as they were getting near us. I was hoping for a few inches but will take what we can get. My tank needs a good heavy rain!

I hear ya bru and glad you got some.
We are in bad, bad shape at my place in far SE Bexar County. Yesterday and today there are many places within 3-5 miles of me that got between 2" & 5"....I've had nothing. frown
I've had less than 3" since May 30th and .34" in the last 31 days yet my buddy less than 10 miles from he has had just under 7" in the last 2 weeks and nearly 5" this morning and yesterday. I'm livin' in a desert and feeding hay to my momma cows the last 2 months. Damn sad.
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Started pulling game camera pics - 09/04/20 11:40 PM

Good looking buck and I love that light setup.
Posted By: Reloder28

Re: Started pulling game camera pics - 09/05/20 12:00 AM

What brand is your light? Where can I buy it?

To deter Hogs from turning my feeder area into an Olympic pool, I use one 16’ cattle panel, cut in half & laid side by side beneath the feeder. The weight of the feeder holds the panels down & the wire prevents them from rooting my feeder area. It has worked perfectly since 98 when I first thunk of it.

Re: Started pulling game camera pics - 09/05/20 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Reloder28
What brand is your light? Where can I buy it?

To deter Hogs from turning my feeder area into an Olympic pool, I use one 16’ cattle panel, cut in half & laid side by side beneath the feeder. The weight of the feeder holds the panels down & the wire prevents them from rooting my feeder area. It has worked perfectly since 98 when I first thunk of it.

I called and we made a deal for 6 of them which was $74 with the extension arms.

https://homeandlighting.co/products...ness-light-6000lm?variant=31679633817654
Posted By: sbushee

Re: Started pulling game camera pics - 09/08/20 11:53 PM

Nice
Posted By: HogNut

Re: Started pulling game camera pics - 09/18/20 03:54 PM

Just getting around to checking my cameras in Graham and found this guy. He has only come to the feeder once and at the middle of the night. Hopefully I get a chance to see him in the flesh. [Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum