Texas Hunting Forum

Spy point Micro LTE Battery Question

Posted By: buckedup

Spy point Micro LTE Battery Question - 08/29/20 10:32 PM

Hello,

I recently bought a Spypoint Micro LTE camera for one of my stands and have heard that the battery life is typical not good. Does anyone have any recommendations on what they use to combat this? I saw they sell a 12V rechargeable battery kit for $60 but wanted to know if anyone else has a different solution. Thank y'all
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Spy point Micro LTE Battery Question - 08/29/20 10:43 PM

See if your camera is on this page..then click on it and scroll down to see the review from their testing of it.
https://www.trailcampro.com/collections/spypoint-trail-cameras
Posted By: ETXWTXNTXHunt

Re: Spy point Micro LTE Battery Question - 08/29/20 11:11 PM

I have both the standard and solar versions. With the standard camera, I got 3-4 months on lithium batteries in an area that had good cell coverage. I moved the same camera to an area with spotty coverage and it burned through set of new batteries in one day. I swapped out to the solar version with an antenna on a tall pole and it has been solid for a month.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Spy point Micro LTE Battery Question - 08/30/20 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by ETXWTXNTXHunt
I have both the standard and solar versions. With the standard camera, I got 3-4 months on lithium batteries in an area that had good cell coverage. I moved the same camera to an area with spotty coverage and it burned through set of new batteries in one day. I swapped out to the solar version with an antenna on a tall pole and it has been solid for a month.

welcome
Posted By: Dennis in Ft Worth

Re: Spy point Micro LTE Battery Question - 08/30/20 01:49 AM

I, too grabbed one of those SpyPoint cameras last month when Academy had 'em on sale. First set of AAs lasted about two weeks and sent almost 200 pictures. Since I've been using all sorts of game cameras and feeder mechanisms for decades, I had a few spare parts to work with (the 12v socket on the camera is pretty common) and came up with my own solar 12 volt system.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Espy

Re: Spy point Micro LTE Battery Question - 08/30/20 07:45 PM

[Linked Image]
I purchase the 12 volt rechargers for my cameras. Cost 60 unless on sale by the time I buy a battery and solar charger I’m only saving a few bucks on a DIY.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Spy point Micro LTE Battery Question - 08/30/20 08:08 PM

Country deer don't like to go to the city.
Posted By: Las Colinas Hunter

Re: Spy point Micro LTE Battery Question - 08/31/20 03:28 AM

I have the solar charger, works well. Charges to 100%. May need to trim a bit of the plastic around the plug in to camera for a good fit. I had problems with the plug falling out. Otherwise I’ve been happy with it. I just get crappy reception with where I’m at, so may be get 1 or 2 transmissions a day.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum