Texas Hunting Forum

Same Deer ?

Posted By: Lotto

Same Deer ? - 08/25/20 02:27 AM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Same Deer ? - 08/25/20 02:37 AM

If I could see both brow tines or his ear with the two notches in the bottom I would say yes looking at just the body......not enough there for me to say yes.....
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Same Deer ? - 08/25/20 03:19 AM

Need to see the left ear this year to tell for sure but based off of that one pic I would say no.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Same Deer ? - 08/25/20 03:59 AM

I say no.
Posted By: Deersteaks

Re: Same Deer ? - 08/25/20 04:23 AM

2's longer than 3's in first pic and vice versa in the second, but he was still growing in July, so...I'm still going with no!
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Same Deer ? - 08/25/20 12:00 PM

I vote no also
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Same Deer ? - 08/25/20 01:37 PM

Need a pic of his left year to verify but sure looks a little different to me.
Definitely an mature buck though!

Re: Same Deer ? - 08/25/20 03:21 PM

May be him eating in back only other pic will be lookin forward to retreiving cards next weekend

Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Same Deer ? - 08/25/20 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Lotto
May be him eating in back only other pic will be lookin forward to retreiving cards next weekend

[Linked Image]

It may be but his brow tines appear to curve in more than the deer from last year and usually those kind of traits hold steady from one year to the next.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Same Deer ? - 08/25/20 03:45 PM

[Linked Image]

I would say this looks more like the buck in the 1st pic in the original post. The brows start way up the mainbeam compared to most other bucks and he is a 5x4 again.

Re: Same Deer ? - 08/25/20 05:18 PM

Dang i

[Linked Image]
t
Posted By: Stub

Re: Same Deer ? - 08/25/20 06:49 PM

Nope
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Same Deer ? - 08/26/20 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by stxranchman

[Linked Image]

I would say this looks more like the buck in the 1st pic in the original post. The brows start way up the mainbeam compared to most other bucks and he is a 5x4 again.

......agree that is probably him....
© 2022 Texas Hunting Forum