Texas Hunting Forum

Anthrax Update

Posted By: titan2232

Anthrax Update - 08/24/20 03:10 PM

Anyone that went through Anthrax last year been out lately? Any progress on WT?

STXRanchman: I know you've been hearing updates. Tell me some good news
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Anthrax Update - 08/24/20 05:18 PM

I have not heard anything yet this year. Numbers aren't going to rebound in just one year but things will change rapidly if that area keeps getting average or better rains this year and the next couple of years.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Anthrax Update - 08/24/20 05:20 PM

My buddies place was hit with it. HF place lost about 1/2 the deer. Seems like from what they have said that they lost most of if not all of their better bucks. They still shot some deer last year and will again this year.

Re: Anthrax Update - 08/24/20 07:01 PM

Thanks for the update. I haven't been impressed with the recovery, but hoping this year shows some improvement
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Anthrax Update - 08/24/20 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by titan2232
Thanks for the update. I haven't been impressed with the recovery, but hoping this year shows some improvement

I recommend enjoying the fine taste of the Axis and understanding you will have 4 more seasons to wait for the WT bucks to reach maturity.......

Re: Anthrax Update - 08/24/20 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator

I recommend enjoying the fine taste of the Axis and understanding you will have 4 more seasons to wait for the WT bucks to reach maturity.......

Yes sir the axis hunting has already begun.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Anthrax Update - 08/24/20 08:37 PM

I usually see things about anthrax in the San Angelo paper, have not read anything in a long time.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Anthrax Update - 08/25/20 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator

And then when the herd gets built up, it happens again. Its been an ongoing issue in that part of the state for a long time.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum