Texas Hunting Forum

Moutrie XV-6000 for a $119, I bought one, anybody else

Posted By: Gringocazador

Moutrie XV-6000 for a $119, I bought one, anybody else - 08/22/20 10:53 PM

I use Moultrie Cell Cams. I have one of the XV-7000, the $179 ish one. Works really good and batteries last plenty good.

The other three I have are the MV's (Modum) the ones you have to connect a camera. They work really good but you need to have solar powered battery unless you want to change batteries all the time. One of the cameras went bad. A 14 MP Moutrie camera is dang near as much as the lower end XV-6000, so I bought the 6000 on sale. Will get it next week. It was only $119 bucks on sale.

Anybody use the XV-6000, I think they've only been out for a short while. They are 16 mp, but the specs on the 7000 is better. Not sure it needs to be any better. My guess it will work fine. The Moutrie stuff seems to make more sense to me and easy to set up. I like the Moutrie Mobile app too.

I bet someone is running a XV-6000 in the field.

Thanks, Billy
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Moutrie XV-6000 for a $119, I bought one, anybody else - 08/23/20 03:06 PM

Be sure to register it for warranty purposes. I have a couple of Moultrie cameras myself that I purchased when they were on sale but have long recognized they have a reputation for being more unreliable than other brands. One of the two went on the blink after being stored for the summer (without batteries of course). It was about six months out of the two-year warranty.
Posted By: Gringo Bling

Re: Moutrie XV-6000 for a $119, I bought one, anybody else - 08/24/20 06:04 PM

I've had 3 Moultrie cameras in the last 5 years. All had problems and ultimately failed within 2 years. The 3rd one was a warranty replacement for the 2nd one that failed, so I didn't actually buy that one. Despite being completely closed up, rainwater ruined the electrical components in the 3rd one. Guys on my old lease also had numerous problems with Moultrie cams. And we all had constant issues and outright failures with Moultrie Mobile. My personal experiences would be to stay away from them altogether.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum