Texas Hunting Forum

Young County Poacher

Posted By: Revolutionary Redneck

Young County Poacher - 08/17/20 06:33 PM

If anybody knows this clown, let me know. Was looking at some camera pics I forgot about and found this [censored] walking around with his shotgun the week after deer season closed. If I catch him he’s getting a beat down. I’ve already let the game warden know.

Attached picture 058CF69A-FBE7-4B0C-9CAA-E2706B28216E.jpeg
Posted By: batman

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/17/20 06:37 PM

Be careful, he looks like an Antifa martial arts/krav maga expert! And, he has an "automatic" weapon.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/17/20 06:47 PM

They way that forend is sitting, that could be a Remington 7400 rifle. It appears he's married too. If both observations are correct, I feel bad for him, but I do hope you catch him. roflmao
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/17/20 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Revolutionary Redneck
If anybody knows this clown, let me know. Was looking at some camera pics I forgot about and found this [censored] walking around with his shotgun the week after deer season closed. If I catch him he’s getting a beat down. I’ve already let the game warden know.

We must be neighbors as we got the same picture/question from our lessor. We have not seen him before.
Posted By: TLew

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/17/20 06:51 PM

You sure the date was right? Still shouldn't be there if you don't know him, but the time was obviously wrong (unless you have fancy color night vision)

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/17/20 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by TLew
You sure the date was right? Still shouldn't be there if you don't know him, but the time was obviously wrong (unless you have fancy color night vision)

When my lease partner and I saw the picture, we noticed that date was the last day of late doe season. Pretty ballsy to be tromping around poaching a feeder on that day.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/17/20 07:12 PM

Hope you get him
whip
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/17/20 07:18 PM

man nothing I hate worse than a trespasser...hope you nail him
Posted By: jrfan

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/17/20 07:23 PM

What part of Young County?? There is a Young County Hunters group on FB if you want to post it there.

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/17/20 07:38 PM

Date is right and time is right except it should be pm instead of am. I always manage to screw something up on them. I’m not on Facebook but feel free to post his picture on there. We can’t put up with this crap. We all work too hard at this to let some moron come in and reap the benefits
Posted By: AMF

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/17/20 07:47 PM

Trespassing with intent to do ANYTHING illegal is a good way to show up missin'. And carryin' a gun, too? Ain't no tellin' how many times it's been "Officer, I called him out and he swung his gun on me, so I fired in self defense."
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/17/20 07:52 PM

From his looks he is a neighbor or neighbors family from close by.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/17/20 07:53 PM

Looks like a Browning BAR rifle w/o scope. That's not a shotgun.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/17/20 08:00 PM

Probably just an innocent hunter trailing a wounded animal
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/17/20 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Erathkid

It actually looks more like a shotgun to me. Look at the magazine cap.

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/17/20 08:11 PM

It looks like an auto 5 to me. You can see the back of the hump above his hand.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/17/20 08:12 PM

Alcoa, you make the call..

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/17/20 08:18 PM

If you find him, take him to the train station
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/17/20 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by stxranchman

You may be right. Darn shadows. He was just hunting bunnies. No biggy.

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/17/20 08:22 PM

Might have been after Quail or Dove?

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/17/20 08:27 PM

Even if it’s a shotgun, could have slugs or buckshot. No way he’s tracking a wounded animal after the season closed.
Posted By: Hunt Dog

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/17/20 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Stub

Eurasian Dove, yeah that's the ticket.
No closed season, no limit. He was just trying to rid the State of an invasive species.

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/17/20 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Hunt Dog

Eurasian Dove, yeah that's the ticket.
No closed season, no limit. He was just trying to rid the State of an invasive species.

I think you are on to something there, I hear they are having a real problem with cold weather Burmese Pythons laugh
Posted By: Txhunter65

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/17/20 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bullfrog

That's a long drive!

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/17/20 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by stxranchman

You may be right. Darn shadows. He was just hunting bunnies. No biggy.

I said auto 5, but I retract that. What I thought was a magazine cap I now think is a dark spot on the ground in the background. The forearm contour is wrong for an auto 5, but right for a bar. A shotgun would surely show a shiny steel bolt. A lot of those bar rifles have a black bolt. Bolt handle is in the right place for a bar as well. And of course a bar has the hump too. It is one or the other due to that hump.

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/17/20 10:56 PM

I'm sticking with my Remington 7400 call. I had one and hated it, jamming machine.

Alcoa, you make the call..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/17/20 11:01 PM

The rifle or shotgun the poacher is holding clearly to me has a hump up against his hand. Only remington I know of that has the hump right there is a model 11.

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/17/20 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Sniper John
The rifle or shotgun the poacher is holding clearly to me has a hump up against his hand. Only remington I know of that has the hump right there is a model 11.

I see what you're talking about but I just cant tell for sure. Either way the guy looks like he should be doing my taxes rather than poaching. Not the typical meth-head looking sort. Hopefully the OP finds out who he is.
Posted By: Slick Head

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/17/20 11:28 PM

REMINGTON MODEL 11. HOPE YOU CATCH HIM.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/17/20 11:33 PM

I had a lease in Young county for five years. Some of the locals think since they grew up there it's their God given right to hunt where they please. So not all the poachers are meth heads. They would go out during the week and hunt as if they still had permission.

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/17/20 11:36 PM

Appreciate all the input. We’ll get him one of these days. It was atleast nice to know that my lease shares a border with another forum member.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/18/20 01:11 AM

At night!
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/18/20 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by jetdad
I had a lease in Young county for five years. Some of the locals think since they grew up there it's their God given right to hunt where they please. So not all the poachers are meth heads. They would go out during the week and hunt as if they still had permission.

That happens in a lot of counties.
Posted By: 20bore

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/18/20 07:35 AM

Not a BAR. Ejection port is too tall and you can see the bolt release.
Drop at comb indicates a shotgun, as well as the lack of a rear iron sight.
Most of the older A5s did have a slightly more tapered forearm than later models and no vent rib.
I’m guessing an older A5 or model 11, quite possibly in a 16 or 20.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/18/20 08:22 AM

Regardless, he’s on your property with a firearm without permission and I hope y’all catch him.....

I don’t know if he’s ignorant, stupid, or just flat out brazen but most folks have cameras on feeders....

It’s either we’ll camouflaged or one of the above.... 2cents
Posted By: texfork

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/18/20 10:09 AM

LOL x2
Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/18/20 11:11 AM

Has a thick rubber bumper on the stock...looks like a shotgun.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/18/20 11:24 AM

What part of Young county?
Posted By: Schpanky

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/18/20 01:27 PM

Have you shown the pic to your LO?....I bet its a nephew or grandson.....season's over so he let him do a little rabbit/bird hunting.
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/18/20 01:54 PM

Looks like a damn video game dork to me who likely got lost his first time in the field.

Honestly, I hope you catch him first before the GW and give him the 'what for'. With some dipchits that goes a lot further than a fine!!
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/18/20 01:57 PM

roflmao

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/18/20 02:48 PM

It’s off of 3109, about 5 miles. North of Eliasville. Landowner does know and he’s circulating the picture to all the other leases he owns around us. And yes, this particular camera is well camouflaged. About to start putting out more hidden ones.
Posted By: Hunt Dog

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/18/20 03:22 PM

It’s off of 3109, about 5 miles. North of Eliasville. Landowner does know and he’s circulating the picture to all the other leases he owns around us. And yes, this particular camera is well camouflaged. About to start putting out more hidden ones.

Maybe it's time to put a cheap camera out that's not well hidden and cover it with another one that is super well concealed. The cheap camera takes an obvious shot, the trespasser tries to steal or destroy the camera and the well hidden one catches it all.
Posted By: bp3

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/18/20 03:23 PM

Lost quail hunter
Posted By: freerange

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/18/20 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Schpanky
Have you shown the pic to your LO?....I bet its a nephew or grandson.....season's over so he let him do a little rabbit/bird hunting.

^^^This was my first thought. Is there anyone that may of given permission? I assume you have touched all those bases. A very good picture so if you are pushing it as much as you are you may find out who he is.
Posted By: Retired and hunting

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/18/20 04:12 PM

We had trouble with someone stealing the motors and timers from feeders , he knew where the cameras where and would sneak up behind the camera and turn it , this was happening on several local leases here in Hardin county. So just as Hunt Dog suggested one guy put up a well hidden camera and guess what,yep,they identified the person which everyone knew . The funny thing is [or not] this dude was killed at work before anyone could do anything about it 😳

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/18/20 05:43 PM

I do plan on doing that very thing because now that I think about it, I have found cameras turned off but only one that had the card missing. There’s about to be hidden cameras everywhere plus there is a cell phone type camera in our camp. You can’t get rid of a picture after it takes it, emails and texts it to us. It has 3 or 4 other cameras with it that are about to be put out too.

The landowner would not give permission to someone to go hunt an active lease. We have the hunting rights. They own hundreds of thousands of acres all around young county. Plenty of places he could give a family member permission to hunt without trespassing on a lease. We went over the lease agreement thoroughly and we have the hunting rights and would have never agreed to such an arrangement. We’ve worked too hard the last 5 years bringing that place back from the ashes. Previous leasers shot everything that moved.
Posted By: Schpanky

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/18/20 07:55 PM

OK....I hunted that same area years ago (SE corner of 209 & 3109)...do you have river access? We used to get all kinds of traffic from river hunters opening weekend and Thanksgiving weekend. The road hunting was pretty bad as well. I assume Brent is still the GW for Young county...I don't expect he'll go easy if he finds out who this is.
Posted By: JTS

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/18/20 07:57 PM

I
We’ve worked too hard the last 5 years bringing that place back from the ashes. Previous leasers shot everything that moved.

Don't show your land owner or his family any pictures of nice deer you get on camera. Same thing happened to me in Young county about 20 years ago and they decided no to lease it out anymore.
Posted By: fishdfly

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/18/20 09:26 PM

I must be missing something. What is all the concern over what gun he was carrying. Does it make a difference whether it's a rifle or shotgun?

Seems the important part is he is trespassing.
Posted By: AMF

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/18/20 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by fishdfly
I must be missing something. What is all the concern over what gun he was carrying. Does it make a difference whether it's a rifle or shotgun?

Seems the important part is he is trespassing.

I agree. I don't care if he's empty handed, he's trespassing.
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/18/20 10:56 PM

Take him to the train station, at night, lol....Long Black Train ride. But Rip was suppose to do that with the ex-con Cowboy on Yellowstone and last week he showed back up singing in bar and the old man said to Rip "He's suppose to be dead". I ave not yet watched this weeks episode...

I also have a Remington 7400. I don't think that is what this guy carrying. I say shotgun

Still trespassing if trailing a wounded animal and did not obtain permission to enter the property and doing so with a firearm I believe is much more than a misdemeanor

I too practice the obvious dummy cameras with better concealed/hidden cameras on same location. Also use lock boxes with large lag bolt and cable locks in areas but I know they too can be destroyed and hacked but at least it is some determent.

Hope is caught and any approach discussion does not escalate to tragedy. My biggest fear even while I'm armed these days is running into an armed trespasser/poacher especially at night. You just never know....
Posted By: Papalote

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/19/20 12:23 AM

Auto 5/Remington 11/Savage ? All the basically same . Look at the release button on the receiver. No rear sights plus recoil pad. The gun type is evidence as well?
Posted By: Txhunter65

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/19/20 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Always ready 2 hunt
Take him to the train station, at night, lol....Long Black Train ride. But Rip was suppose to do that with the ex-con Cowboy on Yellowstone and last week he showed back up singing in bar and the old man said to Rip "He's suppose to be dead". I ave not yet watched this weeks episode...

I also have a Remington 7400. I don't think that is what this guy carrying. I say shotgun

Still trespassing if trailing a wounded animal and did not obtain permission to enter the property and doing so with a firearm I believe is much more than a misdemeanor

I too practice the obvious dummy cameras with better concealed/hidden cameras on same location. Also use lock boxes with large lag bolt and cable locks in areas but I know they too can be destroyed and hacked but at least it is some determent.

Hope is caught and any approach discussion does not escalate to tragedy. My biggest fear even while I'm armed these days is running into an armed trespasser/poacher especially at night. You just never know....

Kasey was supposed to take him to the train station.

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/19/20 01:49 AM

Was your camp on top of that hill? We don’t have river access. The new warden is Matt Waggoner. I knew Brent Isom and he didn’t screw around. I thinks it’s somebody local or possibly one of the oil pumpers. There’s one I have yet to meet but that meeting is coming. Our landowner is old and very hands off. All he cares about is his oil.

The gun doesn’t matter but it’s fun to be the first one to get it right. I never cared, I’m pissed somebody is on my land when I’m not there shooting my damn animals.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/19/20 04:04 AM

popcorn
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/19/20 11:44 AM

Was your camp on top of that hill? We don’t have river access. The new warden is Matt Waggoner. I knew Brent Isom and he didn’t screw around. I thinks it’s somebody local or possibly one of the oil pumpers. There’s one I have yet to meet but that meeting is coming. Our landowner is old and very hands off. All he cares about is his oil.

The gun doesn’t matter but it’s fun to be the first one to get it right. I never cared, I’m pissed somebody is on my land when I’m not there shooting my damn animals.

exactly
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/19/20 12:53 PM

I'm pulling for you to catch him.

My first 25 years of hunting and being on leases were in Young County. Here's my gut feeling. He doesn't live local, hasn't hunted much at all. He crossed from the nearest property line.

We had similar experiences. Young County pulls in a good number of DFW new and first time hunters. From the looks of this pups fresh, new matching hunting outfit and the gun he borrowed from his rich grandpa, he thinks it's ok. Like cutting across the nieghbors lawn on the way home from school. Catch him, teach him. He may grow up to be successful someday and do you a favor.
Posted By: fishdfly

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/19/20 01:34 PM

Post his picture at the local feed store and offer $1,000 reward for his arrest and conviction for trespassing and see how long it takes to find out who he is.
Posted By: huntingbig8

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/21/20 02:05 PM

OK....I hunted that same area years ago (SE corner of 209 & 3109)...do you have river access? We used to get all kinds of traffic from river hunters opening weekend and Thanksgiving weekend. The road hunting was pretty bad as well. I assume Brent is still the GW for Young county...I don't expect he'll go easy if he finds out who this is.[/quote]

Brent is no longer the Game Warden, he runs XCaliber Containers now. the new warden is Matt Wagner 940-327-9840
Posted By: TexasKC

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/21/20 02:46 PM

Run that picture in your local newspaper.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/21/20 03:10 PM

Out of towner and his hunting guide dropped him off at the stand. bolt
Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/21/20 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by hook_n_line

There is a shady sub lease guy over in that area that is notorious for that and other scams.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/21/20 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by LonestarCobra
Originally Posted by hook_n_line

There is a shady sub lease guy over in that area that is notorious for that and other scams.

Im not sure what the scenario would be but I just bet he THINKS hes where hes supposed to be. Hes not smart enough or concerned enough to avoid the camera. Hes probably an inexperienced hunter thats been given bad info or hes lost. Just a guess.
Posted By: maximus_flavius

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/21/20 05:06 PM

Doesn’t look like a local. Looks like a soft pale city boy.
Posted By: Erny

Re: Young County Poacher - 08/21/20 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by maximus_flavius
Doesn’t look like a local. Looks like a soft pale city boy.

roflmao
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum