Texas Hunting Forum

Covid going to stop you from hunting?

Posted By: Buzzsaw

Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/22/20 09:13 PM

Those who have package hunts coming up, What are your thoughts if this Covid is still pretty active.

I' am
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/22/20 09:14 PM

I am, if they'll let me into Canada in October and Colorado (stupid hippies) in November.
Posted By: BAYSPORT

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/22/20 09:19 PM

Got theme to postpone my Nebraska Mule deer hunt for one yr.
To many unknowns now
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/22/20 09:30 PM

Rolling to NM in three weeks for pronghorn. Ranch owner says come on down!
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/22/20 09:48 PM

Planning on heading to Montana first week of novemeber for my first elk trip. I haven’t heard I shouldn’t come, so I am going.

I have flown and travelled since this whole covid thing came out, so it doesn’t scare me at all. I am
Not concerned about flying to Montana nor driving home with my meat for the two day drive in a rental. Plan to fly to NO at end of August for my wife’s semi annual doctors appt too, we just aren’t going to stop living confused2
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/22/20 10:26 PM

I am still going hunting like I always have, but mine are all lease hunts or invites so far. I am lucky in that I can walk out the front door and start hunting without having to see another person here on my place for whitetail. My mule deer hunt will be a little different in that we stay in a hotel in town for 18 days, so that will be where we have to be a bit more careful due to most of us being in the high risk category due to age or health issues. The places that I go hunt on invites may be different this year but still plan on going if they ask me to. I am sure they will do things a bit different though. I put in for as many WMA hunts as I normally do and even added a couple of new ones this year. If I could find a reasonably priced mule deer hunt out of state or in state(MLD) I might go this year.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/22/20 10:29 PM

I still plan on going to a couple of dove hunts that have been organized by a veterans group. I have a pheasant hunt invite in Kansas, but I will wait on making a decision on that until the week before to see the long range weather forecast,
Posted By: AZ_Hunter_2000

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/22/20 11:04 PM

Still doing black bear and Coues whitetail here in AZ. Still planning to go to KS in early December for whitetail. Still planning to hunt Carmen Mountain whitetail in Texas in December. Fingers crossed for Coues in Mexico in January but we'll see.

In all cases I am hunting solo, with friends, or am friends with the outfitter.
Posted By: Dave Scott

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/22/20 11:32 PM

My issue is if the state is going to close down areas- such as in east T
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/23/20 12:05 AM

If any of the areas I’m booked for let me in, I’m going
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/23/20 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks
Rolling to NM in three weeks for pronghorn. Ranch owner says come on down!

Hope you get a big ol' speedgoat

Wife and I saw some absolute toads between Logan and Clovis coming back home last Thursday. I bet we saw 20 of them over 15".
Posted By: Daniel Boone

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/23/20 08:43 PM

Headed to Montana for a back country elk hunt first week of November. Plan on camping on the way up and back to avoid hotels and stay safe as possible. Just retired so I plan on being at the lease a lot this year as well. At least that is the plan for now. Who knows if they start shutting states down, plans could change.

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/23/20 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Daniel Boone
Headed to Montana for a back country elk hunt first week of November. Plan on camping on the way up and back to avoid hotels and stay safe as possible. Just retired so I plan on being at the lease a lot this year as well. At least that is the plan for now. Who knows if they start shutting states down, plans could change.

Hope you have a good heater bud. Can’t speak for Montana but Colorado in November is Cold!
Posted By: QMC SW/EXW

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/23/20 10:58 PM

Nope. I will still hunt here in TX. Not going to my native CO though.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/24/20 01:31 AM

Only lease hunting for me and I cant imagine anything would stop me. I have started full speed ahead getting ready the last few weeks and I wont slow down till Feb.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/24/20 03:34 AM

Heck
no
Posted By: majekman

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/24/20 04:14 AM

No change. Me and grandson be making our regular trips to ranch down south
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/24/20 11:35 AM

heck no...
Posted By: ErikL

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/24/20 01:00 PM

me and a buddy have an africa II trip planned for ~6/2021 but i guess will see how thing pan out. I have flown between california and texas a few months back, didn't think a problem. The africa flight however is a tad longer...
Posted By: kry226

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/25/20 12:30 AM

Not a chance...
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/25/20 01:00 AM

Should be safer in the hills or mountains rather than the city, fewer people around. No plan to hunt out of state but would if the opportunity did come up.
Posted By: Bbcat78

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/25/20 02:58 AM

Not a chance
Posted By: Brian C.

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/25/20 10:31 AM

Pending government some how blocks us. Full steam ahead. All the vacation time has been reserved for Nov./Dec. May have to make some minor adjustments. We will be staying in Texas but I travel for work. I have drove across country and fly too. Seems the level of anxiety around corona in state/area dependent. Some areas are still pretty laxed but others not so much. Some food are down right scared. Anyway spend all year waiting for the fall and not gonna stop now. Fortunately hunting at a fundamental level is the truest form of social distancing!
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/25/20 02:15 PM

Has not and will not stop me.
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/25/20 07:37 PM

Nope
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/25/20 09:24 PM

Will slow me down on out of state hunts but will still do a lot here in Texas.
Posted By: tlk

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/28/20 12:14 AM

IS THIS A SERIOUS QUESTION?? LOL
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/28/20 02:31 AM

I've never done a guided hunt before. If Covid creates some deals, maybe it will change my hunting plans...to add a hunt that I otherwise wouldn't do!
Posted By: mickeyhft

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/28/20 11:17 AM

I don't think Covid is going to keep me from traveling to hunt. I do have concerns, trips planned going through New Mexico to Colorado and Arizona. I'll be much more careful where and how often I go to public places, but same as I'm doing at home. Folks in those places probably wash their hands about the same as folks around the corner from my house. But it is a concern for sure and something to watch, especially any travel restrictions crossing state lines.

I know its going to limit our youth hunting program hunts, folks coming from all over, sitting closely in a blind together, we are going to have to adapt there.
Posted By: Dimitri

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/28/20 01:18 PM

Yes, COVID has affected me big time. I spend a week hunting on my friend's farm on the Botswana border every year. The family comes along and we have the most wonderful time in the bush. We were due to go at the end of April but lockdown started the week before and so I postponed until the week of 10 August. Travel for hunting for personal use has been allowed since June but we were just notified that no further inter-provincial travel is allowed for hunting so there goes our August trip. So disappointed.

I can still hunt within my province (Gauteng), but there are limited opportunities in our country's smallest province with the largest population of people.
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/28/20 01:27 PM

Full speed ahead for TX whitetails and mule deer. Looks like my Canadian moose hunt for mid September is history as there is no chance of opening the border by then.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/28/20 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by unclebubba
I've never done a guided hunt before. If Covid creates some deals, maybe it will change my hunting plans...to add a hunt that I otherwise wouldn't do!

Only way I go now, , be careful, there are some bad people selling hunts, do your homework.
Posted By: Vern1

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/28/20 02:14 PM

Not at all.
Of course, I only have to go about 1/2 mile entirely on my own place to do so.

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/28/20 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jgraider
Full speed ahead for TX whitetails and mule deer. Looks like my Canadian moose hunt for mid September is history as there is no chance of opening the border by then.

Did you reschedule ?
Posted By: Black02z28

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/28/20 03:46 PM

It has for my trips overseas. Here in in the states not at all.
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/28/20 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by txtrophy85
Originally Posted by Jgraider

Did you reschedule ?

Not sure I can go next year so he said he'd send my deposit back to me. Bummer, I was really looking forward to it.
Posted By: Team Hillbilly

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/28/20 04:52 PM

Nope won't make a difference.I'm a oldfart and stay to myself most of the time anyways.. scared
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/29/20 04:55 PM

The only thing stopping me is a buddy who I hunt with is having his first kid in late November, I go to his lease and help fill cull and doe tags. So that will be some interesting waters to navigate when the time comes for him.
Posted By: Slimpickin

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/29/20 05:24 PM

Nope
Posted By: PoppinPiggies

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 07/29/20 05:25 PM

roflmao
Posted By: llbts1

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 08/03/20 02:32 AM

No sir.
I expect to see more folks hunting this year than before. With sporting events canceled or postponed, I see a lot of folks getting out of the house a lot more often during hunting season.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 08/03/20 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by llbts1
No sir.
I expect to see more folks hunting this year than before. With sporting events canceled or postponed, I see a lot of folks getting out of the house a lot more often during hunting season.

X2
Posted By: RPG1997

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 08/03/20 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by llbts1
No sir.

This is basically me. All my classes this fall are online and I have wifi at our cabin, so I'll be spending a lot more time up there hunting than being at home honestly.
Posted By: kdkane1971

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 08/03/20 02:29 PM

The 'rona will not stop me from doing anything, especially hunting. I would rather die than not hunt. Anyway, the death rate is evidence enough there is nothing to worry about. I'm strong and have a healthy immune system. My Vitamin D levels are good, and I take 4000 iu of Vitamin C daily, plus L-lysine and zinc. F the 'rona.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 08/03/20 06:11 PM

Nope. I'll be socially distant until after New Year's day if all goes as planned.
Posted By: cheetah577

Re: Covid going to stop you from hunting? - 08/04/20 03:49 PM

Nope. I'll social distancing in a blind in East Texas........
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum