Texas Hunting Forum

The-Timer or Platinum II timer?

Posted By: Reloder28

The-Timer or Platinum II timer? - 07/21/20 12:07 PM

Have used both. I never had an issue with Magnum Hunting Platinum + timer. One of my The-Timer's quit on me.

Can't make up my mind now on which to buy. Input?
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: The-Timer or Platinum II timer? - 07/21/20 12:31 PM

I have had great luck the the Timer, however the ones I have purchased in the last 3 years seem to have failures like not keeping the correct time.....

Re: The-Timer or Platinum II timer? - 07/21/20 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator
I have had great luck the the Timer, however the ones I have purchased in the last 3 years seem to have failures like not keeping the correct time.....

Exactly what happened with mine. Expected more from a $70 timer.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: The-Timer or Platinum II timer? - 07/21/20 02:02 PM

Main thing I hate about "The Timer" is you can't set up feeding for individual days. It's all or nothing.

Re: The-Timer or Platinum II timer? - 07/21/20 02:08 PM

So, what scenario would you not want to be on a schedule? Maybe every other day?
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: The-Timer or Platinum II timer? - 07/21/20 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Reloder28
So, what scenario would you not want to be on a schedule? Maybe every other day?

I like to add an additional 9am feed for the weekends during the season.
Posted By: KWood_TSU

Re: The-Timer or Platinum II timer? - 07/21/20 03:24 PM

Never seen a Platinum II, but The Timer is so user friendly, and can be wired in easily too.
I very rarely have them fail.
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: The-Timer or Platinum II timer? - 07/23/20 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator

Exactly what happened with mine. Expected more from a $70 timer.

$55 at Foreverlast

https://www.foreverlastonline.com/Feeder-Accessories_c_27.html

I've only had one fail on me in the last 10 years.
I have 2 that are over 10 years old now.

I've no doubt that everything is made cheaper now than ever though so I'm not at all surprised to about what you say here.
Posted By: freerange

Re: The-Timer or Platinum II timer? - 07/24/20 12:01 AM

Dont know anything about the Platinum but everybody I know loves The Timer including me. Very user friendly. They have had some batches they had issues with but you can ID the serial numbers and return them no problem.

Re: The-Timer or Platinum II timer? - 07/27/20 02:47 AM

They won’t replace except with one I have to pay for. I don’t trust them now. I went with the Platinum timers from www.magnumhunting.com
I have run some of them for over 20 years with no issues. Don’t know why I ever strayed. I’ll be plenty happy with them.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum