Texas Hunting Forum

Coming soon

Posted By: Hudbone

Coming soon - 07/18/20 04:27 PM

Game camera will go out in about 6 weeks. Really excited here. Technically it's the start of season for me.
Posted By: tlk

Re: Coming soon - 07/18/20 09:50 PM

we put ours out last weekend - season starts for me when we pick up cards first part of August
Posted By: Russ79

Re: Coming soon - 07/19/20 12:39 AM

You mean someone takes their cameras up after season? Mine stay out year round- allows me to track hog activity so I know when to go out and know a few in the head.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Coming soon - 07/19/20 01:34 AM

Usually put mine out first of august.... Start corn labor day.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Coming soon - 07/19/20 09:52 PM

We can keep some out almost all year but if not we usually get them out by now or in Aug for sure. Ive heard once(only) that leaving out in the heat of the summer can be really bad for the camera. Im sure sun isnt good for anything but any thoughts of it doing any significant harm if left out in heat?
As for when my season starts, well, it never really ends. Especially now with a second lease and a total of so many stands and so many feeders etc etc there always seems to be stuff to do. Especially by this time of year I am kicking into high gear moving or putting up new equipment etc.

Re: Coming soon - 07/19/20 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by freerange
We can keep some out almost all year but if not we usually get them out by now or in Aug for sure. Ive heard once(only) that leaving out in the heat of the summer can be really bad for the camera. Im sure sun isnt good for anything but any thoughts of it doing any significant harm if left out in heat?
As for when my season starts, well, it never really ends. Especially now with a second lease and a total of so many stands and so many feeders etc etc there always seems to be stuff to do. Especially by this time of year I am kicking into high gear moving or putting up new equipment etc.

You fill up your OK lease?
Posted By: freerange

Re: Coming soon - 07/19/20 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by tlk

Yes I did. Thats why ive shifted from offseason to preseason. Picked up new pasture so ended up adding 3 guys. Thanks for asking. Alls good. up

Re: Coming soon - 07/19/20 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by tlk

Yes I did. Thats why ive shifted from offseason to preseason. Picked up new pasture so ended up adding 3 guys. Thanks for asking. Alls good. up

Cool - glad all is going well for you
Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: Coming soon - 07/20/20 02:05 AM

My season starts at 12:01 the morning after the previous season.
Feeders get filled every three weeks
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Coming soon - 07/20/20 02:16 AM

Our deer already have a ton of growth in 6 weeks they will prob be done
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Coming soon - 07/20/20 04:16 AM

1ST of September.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Coming soon - 07/20/20 04:04 PM

[Linked Image]

We put our TCs out a couple weeks ago as Sapper posted.......this buck I posted last year in my opening weekend pics I got with my camera thread......I was very tempted then, as I am a fan of big 8's with long brow tines.......pretty excited about how far along he is in mid July this year......
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Coming soon - 07/21/20 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator
[Linked Image]

We put our TCs out a couple weeks ago as Sapper posted.......this buck I posted last year in my opening weekend pics I got with my camera thread......I was very tempted then, as I am a fan of big 8's with long brow tines.......pretty excited about how far along he is in mid July this year......

See any improvement from last year on this buck?
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Coming soon - 07/22/20 11:55 AM

He is taller at this stage than he was last year......
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Coming soon - 07/23/20 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
Game camera will go out in about 6 weeks. Really excited here. Technically it's the start of season for me.

I am curious Hudbone. Why do you wait so long to put them out? I leave mine out year round. I like to watch the progress of them growing and also like to watch and see when the bucks start shedding horns.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Coming soon - 07/23/20 07:58 PM

Can't afford the batteries. Well, really - got tired of seeing them in velvet with all that mass and all. In addition, too many guesses when seeing deer before they have filled out their fronts. With two cameras, I will now look at a couple of thousand photos rather than 5K plus or even more. I can wait for the others to get me excited with their photos. Can't really think of a good reason to see multiple thousand photos of deer at night. Won't get any day time photos until late September anyway.
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Coming soon - 07/24/20 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
Can't afford the batteries. Well, really - got tired of seeing them in velvet with all that mass and all. In addition, too many guesses when seeing deer before they have filled out their fronts. With two cameras, I will now look at a couple of thousand photos rather than 5K plus or even more. I can wait for the others to get me excited with their photos. Can't really think of a good reason to see multiple thousand photos of deer at night. Won't get any day time photos until late September anyway.

cheers

I hear ya man. I deer can look like 40" of mass in velvet and then when he is hard horned will press to make 30". lol

One thing I saw this year that was pretty cool is a buck that has two brow tines on his left side. The two tines are literally side by side and for about 3-4 days they were actually webbed together about 3" up from his beam. I thought they'd stay that way and then I got another pic of him a couple days later and the two brow tines are now completely separated all the way down to the beam.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum