Texas Hunting Forum

Mills County Deer Moving More and More Nocturnal

Posted By: F150&30.06

Mills County Deer Moving More and More Nocturnal - 05/04/20 01:34 PM

Since December deer at our lease in Mills County have become more and more nocturnal to the point where they are only showing up on camera at night. Is anyone else experiencing this? It has never been like this before. Nothing has changed on our property or surrounding properties to externally influence their behavior.

Thanks!
Posted By: Ramhorn

Re: Mills County Deer Moving More and More Nocturnal - 05/04/20 05:02 PM

My experience is that they come and go. I will get a lot of activity in the early morning daylight , then they disappear sometimes completely for awhile, or just show at night. Then show up again in daylight. Unpredictable creatures
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Mills County Deer Moving More and More Nocturnal - 05/04/20 05:09 PM

I was in Mills co two weeks ago and five weeks ago. Both times saw 20-30 deer out during the day on 1000 acres. Granted, we have way too many in our area, but they were heavily out and about during the day. Last trip saw several does looking very heavy, kids will be along shortly.
Posted By: TxAggie10

Re: Mills County Deer Moving More and More Nocturnal - 05/15/20 11:54 PM

The deer feed patterns change...I’m getting 250 photos a night over a free range protein feeder in mills county right now. The camera is on a 2 minute delay and still getting that many pics. A month ago, it was a third of that. Yes nocturnal tendency has been increasing the later it gets in the year. Antlers dang near growing by the day right now

On edit...I have a cellular camera and receive photos by text message in nearly real time
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum