Texas Hunting Forum

Off season projects

Posted By: TKandMike

Off season projects - 04/24/20 09:41 PM

What projects are y'all doing in the off season? New blinds? Cutting new shooting lanes? Food plots?

How much time do you spend working on a lease in each off season?
Posted By: titan2232

Re: Off season projects - 04/25/20 12:06 AM

Spent a lot more off season time at the lease before the Anthrax, but I'll still get some things done.

Raise my stand a few feet (so I can see corned roads better)

Cut a few lanes

Work on the cabin
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Off season projects - 04/25/20 12:07 AM

I try to get out at least every few weeks in the "off" season. Probably paint 2 blinds. Always have grass to cut at the camp, keep roads trimmed back, seems to never end. But for some reason, I would rather sweat at the lease than at home! Ha!
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Off season projects - 04/25/20 12:29 AM

Doing a remodel,of one of the stands converting from 4x4 to 4 x 6 Seems there is always some improvements to be made and grass to mow. We have had a lot of good rain, the pond is full.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Off season projects - 04/25/20 12:29 AM

Gonna start cutting some cedar at the lease. Pulled out my pop up and shut in 3 of the 4 blinds for the year.

Other than that I’ll trap some coons and keep a couple protein feeders going.
Posted By: Reloder28

Re: Off season projects - 04/25/20 03:09 AM

Rigging my camper conversion to haul my Honda Pioneer. Still need to rig my Honda. It’s only been Squirrel hunting once.

Usually two work days annually. Most of the work is done while hunting. I have top notch equipment so there is little maintenance.
Posted By: JCO

Re: Off season projects - 04/25/20 04:06 AM

Finishing up two 5x5 blinds tomorrow. Had a welder frame it with platform and stairs. Bought the windows at McCoys. Time to put the sides and top on. Ready for fall to get here for many reasons.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Off season projects - 04/25/20 05:33 AM

Need to build a shed for my mule....
Posted By: Pootie

Re: Off season projects - 04/25/20 10:46 AM

NG pipeline going through, so cleanups, planting, adjustments to disruption.
Posted By: Reloder28

Re: Off season projects - 04/25/20 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Pootie
NG pipeline going through, so cleanups, planting, adjustments to disruption.

The NG pipeline was a blessing on my spread. I gained a fresh sendero surrounding the entire perimeter. It was a mile total of cleared trees & underbrush that I never could have done alone.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Off season projects - 04/27/20 01:39 AM

New blind windows, spraying weed killer and bug spray, thats about it. Mostly just killing stuff.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Off season projects - 04/27/20 02:22 PM

my wife's honey-do list grew exponentially during this past deer season (MLD3), so doing mostly those chores the past couple of months. My son and I did get out to our lease near Fairfield this past weekend and plowed/planted a nice sized (~2 acre) food plot with clay/cow peas. I have a ~4x6 shipping crate in my shop that I need to build a floor for, cut windows, hinge door, etc. over the next couple of months. Work on getting my road feeder useable, several feeders in the shop that the hogs spread the legs out (bent barrel) that need a little work (and use t-posts on the legs next time out) ... just takes time in between my wife's list.
Posted By: tlk

Re: Off season projects - 04/27/20 10:53 PM

our lease is "turn key" - rancher fills all protein and cottonseed feeders - during season they fill corn feeders.

Nevertheless I find excuses to go to the ranch and find things to do - ALWAYS something that needs "attention" - just came home today with wife after spending two days there - wonderful break from quarantine !!!!!
Posted By: KK30RAR

Re: Off season projects - 04/28/20 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by TCM3
Need to build a shed for my mule....

Built my wheeler shed a few months ago just enough to keep it out of the weather and sun [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Txhunter65

Re: Off season projects - 04/30/20 12:55 PM

Long list.... this was the first on it to be completed:
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Off season projects - 04/30/20 01:17 PM

Mowing and more mowing.
Posted By: QMC SW/EXW

Re: Off season projects - 05/01/20 01:12 AM

This is the only sort of off season "project" I have been doing:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Might have to give it another day of attention tomorrow.
Posted By: TKandMike

Re: Off season projects - 05/01/20 01:06 PM

Stacking the fish deep!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum