Texas Hunting Forum

Took James out for his first Texas Deer - Youth Hunt Giveaway

Posted By: TXGH

Took James out for his first Texas Deer - Youth Hunt Giveaway - 02/14/20 03:34 PM

James won our contest that we did to take 2 winners on their first deer hunt. Thank you to Gut Daddy for letting us take these kids to their personal ranch in Stonewall county Texas..

Here is a short clip of one of their bucks..

Posted By: NOCOOLNAMETOO

Re: Took James out for his first Texas Deer - Youth Hunt Giveaway - 02/14/20 03:56 PM

Good job James !
Posted By: PMK

Re: Took James out for his first Texas Deer - Youth Hunt Giveaway - 02/14/20 06:30 PM

up
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Took James out for his first Texas Deer - Youth Hunt Giveaway - 02/15/20 03:14 AM

up
Posted By: Big8

Re: Took James out for his first Texas Deer - Youth Hunt Giveaway - 02/16/20 05:07 PM

up
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Took James out for his first Texas Deer - Youth Hunt Giveaway - 02/16/20 05:16 PM

up
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Took James out for his first Texas Deer - Youth Hunt Giveaway - 02/16/20 06:10 PM

Congrats James, and Thanks to all that got him out there for his hunt
Posted By: deerhunter1956

Re: Took James out for his first Texas Deer - Youth Hunt Giveaway - 02/16/20 06:55 PM

up
Posted By: Stub

Re: Took James out for his first Texas Deer - Youth Hunt Giveaway - 02/17/20 12:17 PM

cheers
Posted By: Greg

Re: Took James out for his first Texas Deer - Youth Hunt Giveaway - 02/17/20 01:05 PM

Very nice! Congrats James... he’s a dandy!
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Took James out for his first Texas Deer - Youth Hunt Giveaway - 02/17/20 01:41 PM

That’s awesome. Good job to all involved

Re: Took James out for his first Texas Deer - Youth Hunt Giveaway - 02/18/20 04:07 PM

Thanks guys, it was great to be apart of this. We will be doing it again next year. Going to be a great full episode too!

I'm a little sad my usual fan base didn't comment on this though :-(
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Took James out for his first Texas Deer - Youth Hunt Giveaway - 02/18/20 04:32 PM

JTprocaddie, you did good with this offering!
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Took James out for his first Texas Deer - Youth Hunt Giveaway - 02/18/20 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by jtprocaddie
Thanks guys, it was great to be apart of this. We will be doing it again next year. Going to be a great full episode too!

Well since you were looking for some criticism here it is: you missed a perfect video opportunity to do some blood trailing. Quite honestly the way it sounded on the video I wasn't sure you were even blood trailing, at one point you say something like, "follow that trail I think he went that way" or something to that effect. Instead, you should have had that kind on his hands and knees looking for blood and following the actual trail the deer took, and showed that on video. Its a huge part of being a good hunter to learn proper blood trailing.

Anyway, I didn't want to put that negativity on what was a generally positive video. I love seeing kids get their first deer. Good on you to get that done.

Re: Took James out for his first Texas Deer - Youth Hunt Giveaway - 02/19/20 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Texas buckeye

Well since you were looking for some criticism here it is: you missed a perfect video opportunity to do some blood trailing. Quite honestly the way it sounded on the video I wasn't sure you were even blood trailing, at one point you say something like, "follow that trail I think he went that way" or something to that effect. Instead, you should have had that kind on his hands and knees looking for blood and following the actual trail the deer took, and showed that on video. Its a huge part of being a good hunter to learn proper blood trailing.

Anyway, I didn't want to put that negativity on what was a generally positive video. I love seeing kids get their first deer. Good on you to get that done.

Yeah if there was blood we would have, but strangely there was no blood to follow. I heard where he crashed and we were high up to see the area in which he ran. luckily. He only ran about 80 yards. But I agree with you I wish there was blood for him to trail.
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Took James out for his first Texas Deer - Youth Hunt Giveaway - 02/19/20 03:35 PM

Still good practice to track back from the site of shot all the while knowing directionally where he ultimately ran to. Just good practice to pick up either blood, prints, broken bushes, etc...Wouldn't take away from the fact that you know directionally where he ran to and was last seen. Deer do some funny stuff that a lot of times we can't see, zigzag, circle back, etc...
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Took James out for his first Texas Deer - Youth Hunt Giveaway - 02/22/20 06:05 AM

Classy way to reveal your true motivation.
Posted By: mickeyhft

Re: Took James out for his first Texas Deer - Youth Hunt Giveaway - 02/27/20 01:53 PM

Always awesome to get a kid hunting and have some success! Way to go!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum