Texas Hunting Forum

Antler restriction map

Posted By: Biscuit

Antler restriction map - 02/02/20 03:53 PM

Anyone have a map of antler restricted counties ?
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Antler restriction map - 02/02/20 04:12 PM

The current AR page on TPWD site is being upgraded, so their is not a current map on there.

Re: Antler restriction map - 02/02/20 04:38 PM

Yeah I looked and didn’t see one . Anyone have the one from 2019 ?
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Antler restriction map - 02/02/20 07:15 PM

What county or counties in particular are you interested in?

Re: Antler restriction map - 02/02/20 11:23 PM

My intent is to get a map of all counties. I am looking to purchase land and I don’t want to buy in an antler restricted area
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Antler restriction map - 02/02/20 11:34 PM

Use the TPWD app and research any county you are looking at. Takes about 10 seconds to look up a counties restrictions and see if it is an AR county or not.

This isn’t all of them but here are a bunch that were added a few years back.

Anderson, Angelina, Archer, Atascosa, Brazos, Brown, Chambers, Clay, Cooke, Denton, Ellis, Falls, Freestone, Grayson, Grimes, Hardin, Harris, Henderson, Hill, Hood, Hunt, Jack, Jasper, Jefferson, Johnson, Kaufman, Liberty, Limestone, Madison, McLennan, Milam, Mills, Montague, Montgomery, Navarro, Newton, Orange, Palo Pinto, Parker, Polk, Robertson, San Jacinto, Smith, Stephens, Tarrant, Trinity, Tyler, Van Zandt, Walker, Wichita, Wise and Young.

The original ones were Austin, Colorado, Fayette, Lavaca, Lee, and Washington and I know Lampasas is and Bastrop is an AR county. Parts of Travis and comal are as well.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Antler restriction map - 02/03/20 03:50 AM

Just think I-45 east....
Posted By: PMK

Re: Antler restriction map - 02/03/20 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
Just think I-45 east....

nope, Lampasas county, Williamson county east of IH35 are two that I know of around central TX ... likely many others east of IH35 and around central TX
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Antler restriction map - 02/03/20 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by PMK
Just think I-45 east....

nope, Lampasas county, Williamson county east of IH35 are two that I know of around central TX ... likely many others east of IH35 and around central TX

True but the vast majority are in east Texas
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Antler restriction map - 02/03/20 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by PMK
Just think I-45 east....

True but the vast majority are in east Texas

There a lot south of IH-10 also. ...basically take 35 South out of SA and most of the counties East of it and south of IH-10 are under AR's.
Posted By: KCH

Re: Antler restriction map - 02/05/20 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by PMK
Just think I-45 east....

Also Comanche is now AR as well as Bosque...
Posted By: easton1025

Re: Antler restriction map - 02/05/20 06:20 PM

just think of it this way........ the counties that produce the most revenue from deer DAY hunting dont have antler restrictions....and those are the counties that need it most.. Dont let AR sway you from land .. I have land and lease in Bosque and there are plenty of deer to be killed... trophies and culls....
Posted By: Old Shakie

Re: Antler restriction map - 02/06/20 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by easton1025
....Dont let AR sway you from land ..

Since AR came into my area the buck numbers and quality have greatly improved.
Posted By: maximus_flavius

Re: Antler restriction map - 02/06/20 12:39 PM

Yeah, I don’t know why you would want to buy property in non-AR counties. Unless you just have to shoot 1-2 year old bucks. ARs are the best thing to ever happen here.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum