Texas Hunting Forum

Fairfield State Park Lottery Hunt

Posted By: WileyCoyote

Fairfield State Park Lottery Hunt - 01/10/20 03:41 AM

Any reports yet?
Ron
Posted By: pop r

Re: Fairfield State Park Lottery Hunt - 01/11/20 11:09 PM

4 doe and 4 pigs was the total. That was with 30 hunters.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Fairfield State Park Lottery Hunt - 01/11/20 11:29 PM

Wow....that’s awful
Posted By: SlaminEm

Re: Fairfield State Park Lottery Hunt - 01/13/20 01:38 AM

sounds like wildlife won that one
Posted By: Txhunter65

Re: Fairfield State Park Lottery Hunt - 01/13/20 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by pop r
4 doe and 4 pigs was the total. That was with 30 hunters.

eeks333
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Fairfield State Park Lottery Hunt - 01/13/20 03:18 AM

Crazy unless there just aren't that many animals there.
Posted By: TKandMike

Re: Fairfield State Park Lottery Hunt - 01/13/20 01:54 PM

sounds like the animals got the better end on this year.
Posted By: Stevarino

Re: Fairfield State Park Lottery Hunt - 01/13/20 02:54 PM

30 years ago, you could literally see a deer behind every tree. We camped there probably 2 years ago and saw 1 deer over a 3 day weekend. There were signs and lots of pig sign, but man that place has been over hunted in my opinion.
Posted By: WileyCoyote

Re: Fairfield State Park Lottery Hunt - 01/13/20 09:47 PM

Wow...just Wow.... in a way I'm glad I didn't have the time to go stand in line for a Stand By spot...still waiting on the results of the cardio tests & scans that took most of the day on the 8th....that treadmill deal was NO FUN for sure...and I dozed thru most of the scans.
Well ....if all goes as the rumors are spinning, this time next year the Fairfield State Park property will have been sold, or who knows what will be the fate of the Park. Gotta be more critters around than just that poor showing..I got more hogs than that running around the Davey Dogwood Park's creek bottom at the end of my street 2 blocks north of the Loop and inside the City Limits here in Palestine..and saw a really nice mature 6?8 pt'er last week whose sway back was just beginning to show with really big solid looking shoulders and a big butt...crossing the driveway of the house at the south end of the block...my Lab is wearing out the small herd of does 3-4 days a week that run around the 8 acre place between me and right behind the big Mormon church that faces the Loop. We'll see what happens Next Year.
Ron
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Fairfield State Park Lottery Hunt - 01/14/20 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
Wow....that’s awful

You sound like me
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum