Texas Hunting Forum

My season so far

Posted By: coachwhite34

My season so far - 12/23/19 02:53 AM

Has sucked. Killed a deer the first afternoon i sat in the stand. Been in the stand three more times and haven't seen a single deer. Never had this before. We hunted all day today and never saw a single deer. Gonna hunt possibly Christmas eve and all next weekend. Hope to make up for it but with my schedule my season is over after this next weekend.
Posted By: TCB

Re: My season so far - 12/23/19 06:28 PM

I feel ya....just got back and only caught a quick glimpse of a couple does.
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: My season so far - 12/23/19 08:43 PM

Amen brother... since the acorns fell, things have been REALLY slow. Sat for almost the entire day and night (except lunch) a couple times and never saw a thing that had hair. Had some Woodies, Hoodies and Widgeon having a good ol' time in the tank by me, I'll see to them after deer season. Hogs made an appearance last night for the first time in a while, let's hope the ending is way better than the middle!

Charlie
Posted By: Kooch

Re: My season so far - 12/24/19 01:07 AM

Sounds just like the year we have had. We are hunting in Breckenridge
Posted By: Mathp

Re: My season so far - 12/25/19 06:05 PM

Kooch I hunt in Breckenridge also, with similar results! This last week I saw maybe six does and no bucks! I have tons of great looking bucks on game cam but mostly at night, and none of the mature deer I had on cam in Oct/Nov. Of course we had massive amounts of acorns on the trees and dropping.
Posted By: coachwhite34

Re: My season so far - 12/26/19 03:56 PM

Well, we are heading out tomorrow afternoon and hu ting through sunday. Supposed to be raining and windy. My last chance to hunt.

bang
Posted By: Mathp

Re: My season so far - 01/02/20 09:10 PM

well i'm hunting in Breckenridge so wish me luck this afternoon!
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: My season so far - 01/02/20 11:10 PM

Good luck, Mathp. In Erath now and pretty much the same story as others. Too much natural food in the pasture. Deer look really healthy though.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: My season so far - 01/03/20 02:16 PM

My season was good. I didn't plan on taking anything but I was told to take 2 does and 2 bucks if I could. Management plan in South Texas has some rules to follow to keep the herd right. I took 2 does and 1 buck along with 2 javalinas and 3 coyotes. One hunter even took a mountain lion. Now I'll hunt the last weekend with my father in Central Tx. Who knows, I might see something that gets my heart pumping.
Posted By: Whack n stack

Re: My season so far - 01/03/20 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by hook_n_line
My season was good. I didn't plan on taking anything but I was told to take 2 does and 2 bucks if I could. Management plan in South Texas has some rules to follow to keep the herd right. I took 2 does and 1 buck along with 2 javalinas and 3 coyotes. One hunter even took a mountain lion. Now I'll hunt the last weekend with my father in Central Tx. Who knows, I might see something that gets my heart pumping.

sounds like a good season so far! do you have a picture of the mountain lion?
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: My season so far - 01/03/20 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mathp
well i'm hunting in Breckenridge so wish me luck this afternoon!

Good luck bud, headed out to Murray this afternoon as well. Let's hope the deer are coming to corn.

Re: My season so far - 01/03/20 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Whack n stack
Originally Posted by hook_n_line

sounds like a good season so far! do you have a picture of the mountain lion?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: My season so far - 01/03/20 05:19 PM

That is a big cat !
Posted By: Hunter Daddy

Re: My season so far - 01/03/20 06:53 PM

What county was the mountain lion killed?

Re: My season so far - 01/06/20 02:08 PM

Webb. There have been several sightings from in La Salle to Webb this year.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum