Texas Hunting Forum

The frustration of hunting a specific buck

Posted By: TTT Ranch

The frustration of hunting a specific buck - 12/16/19 03:41 AM

When he shows up 2 afternoons in a row during the week when you aren’t there.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: The frustration of hunting a specific buck - 12/16/19 03:44 AM

That’s an old wise cat there. He knew he was safe and you weren’t there. Got one just like him.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: The frustration of hunting a specific buck - 12/16/19 11:49 AM

That’s a nice buck!!! Good luck!!
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: The frustration of hunting a specific buck - 12/16/19 12:35 PM

You've been patterned.
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: The frustration of hunting a specific buck - 12/16/19 01:27 PM

I am in the exact same boat except I saw him for 2 seconds the other morning. No way I could’ve got a shot at him.. he’s stood under my feeder at 10am in the morning several times the day after I was in the stand. I don’t know what to switch up... there’s only one way in to my stand after I cross the river. I park prolly 350 plus yards away. I have to use my little flashlight because it’s so damn dark in the bottom and incase the hogs run up on me, I can bust them with my pistol. It’s frustrating.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: The frustration of hunting a specific buck - 12/16/19 01:38 PM

Very nice buck.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: The frustration of hunting a specific buck - 12/16/19 01:40 PM

I have one just as elusive, but not quite as much mass. He's my white whale.
Posted By: GNTX

Re: The frustration of hunting a specific buck - 12/16/19 01:43 PM

You can almost see the smile on his face. Lol. Good luck!
Posted By: pop r

Re: The frustration of hunting a specific buck - 12/16/19 01:49 PM

Very nice one! up
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: The frustration of hunting a specific buck - 12/16/19 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by GNTX
You can almost see the smile on his face. Lol. Good luck!

smile There IS a certain smugness in that bottom photo.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: The frustration of hunting a specific buck - 12/16/19 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Dave Davidson
You've been patterned.

Yep! Gonna have to change it up and take a weekday off. Good luck, that is a great-looking buck (if just a bit on the smug side!).
Posted By: jakebunch

Re: The frustration of hunting a specific buck - 12/16/19 04:01 PM

Looked more like a smirk to me. Nice buck.
Posted By: Grosvenor

Re: The frustration of hunting a specific buck - 12/16/19 04:27 PM

At least you have confirmation he's alive.
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: The frustration of hunting a specific buck - 12/16/19 04:53 PM

I would be sick and hunting him during this week up
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: The frustration of hunting a specific buck - 12/16/19 06:01 PM

I'd be calling in sick all week with hornitis.
Posted By: Judd

Re: The frustration of hunting a specific buck - 12/16/19 06:20 PM

You've got to figure out a way to get in there without being seen or heard. First thing I'd do is lose the light or get a red one. Then work on the noise.

He maybe smelling you, might be different wind conditions he is smelling you too. Start paying attention to that too....maybe keep windows closed?

Btw - nice deer!
Posted By: Rounder

Re: The frustration of hunting a specific buck - 12/16/19 11:53 PM

Bobcat1 that particular malady might be interpreted the wrong way depending on your boss.
Posted By: QMC SW/EXW

Re: The frustration of hunting a specific buck - 12/17/19 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Pintail711
I am in the exact same boat except I saw him for 2 seconds the other morning. No way I could’ve got a shot at him.. he’s stood under my feeder at 10am in the morning several times the day after I was in the stand. I don’t know what to switch up... there’s only one way in to my stand after I cross the river. I park prolly 350 plus yards away. I have to use my little flashlight because it’s so damn dark in the bottom and incase the hogs run up on me, I can bust them with my pistol. It’s frustrating.

Go in the day before in the afternoon and spend the night in the blind. You can thank me later.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: The frustration of hunting a specific buck - 12/17/19 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by QMC SW/EXW

Go in the day before in the afternoon and spend the night in the blind. You can thank me later.

I am not that mad a at deer to do that. That being said, my headlamp has LED, green and red. I walk in with green and when close to the blind, always go on red. I would suggest that it's a well spent 25 bucks at academy.
Posted By: BGHB

Re: The frustration of hunting a specific buck - 12/17/19 06:28 PM

I've had that happen to me before and it's not fun!
Good luck!
Posted By: NOCOOLNAMETOO

Re: The frustration of hunting a specific buck - 12/17/19 06:39 PM

Vacation time would be used.
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: The frustration of hunting a specific buck - 12/17/19 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Rounder
Bobcat1 that particular malady might be interpreted the wrong way depending on your boss.

Maybe Boneitis then roflmao
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: The frustration of hunting a specific buck - 12/18/19 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by 4Weight
Originally Posted by QMC SW/EXW

I am not that mad a at deer to do that. That being said, my headlamp has LED, green and red. I walk in with green and when close to the blind, always go on red. I would suggest that it's a well spent 25 bucks at academy.

That’s what I use..... it’s a lean-too because it floods really bad down there and I don’t want to loose a box stand.. I’ve got brushed good with palmetto and burlap... they can’t see me and I’ve had them walk right under my stand.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum