Texas Hunting Forum

Live from the blind

Posted By: Jimbo1

Live from the blind - 11/30/19 07:22 PM

After being cooped up for 2 days and working a little OT this morning, thought I’d head to the lease in Shackleford county. Such a beautiful day but a little windy. Hand threw some corn coming coming up the road to the blind. Get out at the blind about 100 yards away and there’s already a damn cow munching away! Threw the rest of the bag around my pig feeder. Now sitting in the blind eating some Chicken Express for lunch. Waiting for an old10 point I have on camera. I have to say it doesn’t get much better than this.
Posted By: NMGW

Re: Live from the blind - 11/30/19 07:40 PM

Good luck shoot straight. up
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Live from the blind - 11/30/19 08:21 PM

Watch those greasy fingers on the trigger. Good luck

Re: Live from the blind - 11/30/19 10:27 PM

Feeders just went off. Nothing but cows so far. Wind has picked up from the north now.
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Live from the blind - 11/30/19 10:36 PM

popcorn
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Live from the blind - 11/30/19 10:39 PM

worthless
Posted By: fonzie

Re: Live from the blind - 11/30/19 10:51 PM

I’m in Young co in the blind, windy out here too. Stilling over a pecan field haven’t seen any movement!
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Live from the blind - 11/30/19 11:55 PM

Good luck guys.

Re: Live from the blind - 12/01/19 12:32 PM

Back at it this morning. Yesterday’s hunt got ruined by a damn cow jumping in the pen. Hasn’t happened in a couple of years. Found a loose spot with the barb wire and jumped right over. Fearing he would get hung up getting out , I went and opened the gate for him. He ran out but hung around so I’m not sure what I’ll find this morning. Happened right before dusk wouldn’t you know!
Posted By: KennyLee

Re: Live from the blind - 12/01/19 01:17 PM

I’m at it too. Pulled the trigger and waiting to go check. The buck I want was at the feeder yesterday at 6:45am so I drove up this morning. Good buck shows up at 6:50. Low light and can’t really confirm for certain it’s him, but he’s about to bolt at 6:53 and I took him. Ran 20 yards and I can see his butt in the brush. Not ready to ground check yet but crossing my fingers it’s him. Wide buck regardless for these parts.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Live from the blind - 12/01/19 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by KennyLee
I’m at it too. Pulled the trigger and waiting to go check. The buck I want was at the feeder yesterday at 6:45am so I drove up this morning. Good buck shows up at 6:50. Low light and can’t really confirm for certain it’s him, but he’s about to bolt at 6:53 and I took him. Ran 20 yards and I can see his butt in the brush. Not ready to ground check yet but crossing my fingers it’s him. Wide buck regardless for these parts.

cheers

Re: Live from the blind - 12/01/19 01:46 PM

Same damn cow came back this morning and walked around the pen twice. Finally jumped the only panel (gate) that’s not topped with barb wire. Had to walk down and he jumped back out. Guess I’ll sit a little bit and then go work on the pen.

Congrats KennyLee!

Re: Live from the blind - 12/01/19 02:14 PM

Strange morning in northern Kimble. Cool and quiet, but I'm usually covered up with deer once the feeder goes off. This morning one doe, her three, and an annoying teenage buck ran past me to the feeder, half an hour before it went off. She saw there was no feed and trotted back with her group where they came from. Then, and now, just two medium 8's standing around calmy with a dink young spike. Not a single doe. I guess everyone's back in the brush "cavorting" around. banana

I just might try my hand at rattling this afternoon. nidea

Re: Live from the blind - 12/01/19 02:17 PM

I've been there with the cow vs. pen thing Jimbo. 'Could be worse...'could be Spanish goats. realmad
Posted By: KennyLee

Re: Live from the blind - 12/01/19 02:21 PM

Massive ground shrinkage here. Property owner (me) is mad as heck. First buck I’ve shot here in 5 years and a total mess up. Buck fever gets us all sometimes I guess. Young, wide buck I’ve never seen before.

Oh well, he’ll eat good.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Live from the blind - 12/01/19 02:24 PM

Massive ground shrinkage here. Property owner (me) is mad as heck. First buck I’ve shot here in 5 years and a total mess up. Buck fever gets us all sometimes I guess. Young, wide buck I’ve never seen before.

Oh well, he’ll eat good.

worthless

Re: Live from the blind - 12/01/19 02:25 PM

As god is my witness I’ll never get on another lease with cows!

My pics aren’t uploading. AT T is throttling my data!

Re: Live from the blind - 12/01/19 02:31 PM

Oh well, he’ll eat good.

Don't sweat it! It happens to all of us. I shot a complet dink of a mule deer buck 2 years ago. End of my hunt, driving back to the cabin, at dusk; he was uphill. First deer I ever killed that I walked up to and yelled the F-bomb. I'm not proud of it. We're human.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Live from the blind - 12/01/19 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jimbo1
As god is my witness I’ll never get on another lease with cows!

My pics aren’t uploading. AT T is throttling my data!

You just might have to forget about leasing and buy your own property and I've been deer hunting for 50+ years and as long as I've used hog panels never ever had a cow jump one. Hog panels are 16'x34" wired together in a circle with t-post driven inside circle every 8' and tied with wire no bar wire on top. All my friends use this method also without a problem. Good luck

Re: Live from the blind - 12/01/19 02:39 PM

I’ll be 60 in 28 days so that’s out of the question. Not enough time for a return on investment!

Re: Live from the blind - 12/01/19 02:45 PM

I'm 59 too, and I bought a ranch this past May. 'Happy as a pig in slop! Even IF the big bucks are giving me the slip. grin
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum