Texas Hunting Forum

Wind

Posted By: Creekrunner

Wind - 11/30/19 02:22 AM

Sat in the main blind these evening, even though I know they don't like this crap. Does, young bucks, and one mature, medium 8. Drizzled/light rain earler today and warm-ish. I can hear the wind whipping over the chimney top. 'Just looked at the forecast and around 11pm there's supposed to be gusts to 36mph! eek2

I may not get up so early. 'Believe I'll have another wee dram bolt
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Wind - 11/30/19 04:01 AM

When the wind was blowing hard, it was time to go to hit some of the local bars, and plan on a long lunch and dinner.
Posted By: Lotto

Re: Wind - 11/30/19 04:06 AM

Yep...……..Was going up to the Panhandle farm this a.m. but...………..will wait and go up on Sunday for a few days...…….suppose to blow hard tomorrow.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Wind - 11/30/19 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Lotto
Yep...……..Was going up to the Panhandle farm this a.m. but...………..will wait and go up on Sunday for a few days...…….suppose to blow hard tomorrow.

I'm waiting to head out Sunday as well.....

Re: Wind - 11/30/19 02:49 PM

Now you can hear a pin drop out here.
Posted By: Someone

Re: Wind - 12/02/19 06:17 AM

36mph that is nothing in west Texas
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Wind - 12/02/19 02:02 PM

Cold, clear and calm this morning. Perfect. Now if those durn deer would cooperate. bang

Re: Wind - 12/02/19 02:08 PM

Beautiful morning here too. Now if I hadn't had that 3rd Martini. hammer Yes, I know, there's a pattern developing here.

Speaking of patterns - this guy won't! Just a few pics on Thanksgiving evening, about when the mob was leaving my house. Then...nothing.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TKandMike

Re: Wind - 12/02/19 02:55 PM

That's a handsome deer. Hopefully you can put him down.
Posted By: Whammer7

Re: Wind - 12/04/19 01:27 AM

Wow, that's a dandy buck! Good luck catching up with him
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum