Texas Hunting Forum

Deer and Turkey trail cam pic.

Posted By: Gringocazador

Deer and Turkey trail cam pic. - 11/18/19 03:54 AM

I thought this was a good picture, figured I would post it. Not everyday on an East Texas lease you get a pic of a Turkey and Deer at the same time. We have a ton of turkeys for an East Texas lease.

I saw this deer yesterday when I was setting in my stand, pretty deer. Hope he gets to grow up. I haven't seen any good deer yet, but still have fun with my cameras and just getting out.

These pics came off one of my Moultrie Mobile trail cams.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Thanks, Billy
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Deer and Turkey trail cam pic. - 11/18/19 05:07 AM

Great pics. Good looking deer.

I know they have tried to establish turkey in East Texas for quiet awhile.
Posted By: imarangerman

Re: Deer and Turkey trail cam pic. - 11/18/19 05:19 AM

That’s really cool
Posted By: Ftttu

Re: Deer and Turkey trail cam pic. - 11/18/19 08:28 AM

Cool two-fer!
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Deer and Turkey trail cam pic. - 11/18/19 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Roll-Tide

Re: Deer and Turkey trail cam pic. - 11/18/19 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide

I have 4 stands, 2 box blinds and two bow stands and have turkeys on game cams at every stand but this the first time I’ve seen then out with deer.

I seem to have more fun with food plots or in my case attempted food plots and cell cameras than hunting.
Posted By: bg75074

Re: Deer and Turkey trail cam pic. - 11/18/19 01:00 PM

Do deer get better than that in E. Texas? Never hunted there , only in West Texas but from what I have been told that is a big Deer for East Texas.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Deer and Turkey trail cam pic. - 11/18/19 02:23 PM

Very nice photo.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Deer and Turkey trail cam pic. - 11/19/19 02:15 AM

coolpics

Re: Deer and Turkey trail cam pic. - 11/19/19 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by bg75074
Do deer get better than that in E. Texas? Never hunted there , only in West Texas but from what I have been told that is a big Deer for East Texas.

East Texas can grow big deer, problem is they get shot on places that are not managed Our place is well managed. The timber company and lease manager makes it clear if you shoot it better be mature and all deer shot are aged. One of the guys shot a 150 inch deer last year, nice 10 point. Couple of years back a 161 or so was shot as I recall.

Our place has good deer, just really thick and hard to hunt, along with only see them during the rut. East Texas is not the place to set in your stand watch two or three good bucks stand under a feeder. It rains so much they have lots to eat most of the time.

The place I hunt is close to my lake house and only 3 hrs from Houston/League City where I work, so its good for me and much safer than Mexico which I hunted for years. Lot closer too.

Re: Deer and Turkey trail cam pic. - 11/19/19 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. T.
Very nice photo.

Moultree cameras seem to take good pictures best I can tell. I can buy them a Academy and Walmart.

I spend way to much looking at my phone during the day when I get down loads from my cell connected cameras. Sure beats driving around and checking SD cards.
Posted By: huntincoach

Re: Deer and Turkey trail cam pic. - 11/19/19 04:50 AM

I'm getting lots of deer eating with hogs pix this year. Guess the pigs are becoming domesticated again 🤣🤣

Re: Deer and Turkey trail cam pic. - 11/19/19 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by huntincoach
I'm getting lots of deer eating with hogs pix this year. Guess the pigs are becoming domesticated again 🤣🤣

Before season pigs rooted up all the cow peas I planted and were living under my feeders. Now they seem to have chosen up,sides and moved. If I do catch one on a cam it’s been at night. I was kinda wanting to shoot fat sow. I had a couple of really big Sow’s that would have ate good,
Posted By: TKandMike

Re: Deer and Turkey trail cam pic. - 11/19/19 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by huntincoach

hah
Posted By: bg75074

Re: Deer and Turkey trail cam pic. - 11/19/19 11:43 PM

Good to know, thanks for the information
Posted By: pop r

Re: Deer and Turkey trail cam pic. - 11/20/19 03:00 AM

coolpics Sweet!
Posted By: D Rogers

Re: Deer and Turkey trail cam pic. - 11/21/19 08:47 PM

Big bucks can grow anywhere. North, south, east or west. Some of the biggest deer in the state are taken from our east texas river bottoms
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum