Texas Hunting Forum

Cee Vee, TX whitetail #’s

Posted By: Brandon Adamcik

Cee Vee, TX whitetail #’s - 11/15/19 02:40 AM

Anyone hunt around Cee Vee and Pease River area? Wondering if whitetail numbers are decent or if it’s predominantly mule deer.
I’ve hunted matador so I know what it offers but have an opportunity a few miles due north and we’re not sure.
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: Cee Vee, TX whitetail #’s - 11/15/19 03:37 AM

Hunted there. Been several years but there were plenty of WT's.

Re: Cee Vee, TX whitetail #’s - 11/15/19 03:57 AM

Game warden thought it was 75/25(mule/wt). Thought that was odd based on wt around Paducah and Childress.
Posted By: TexasUplander

Re: Cee Vee, TX whitetail #’s - 11/15/19 11:37 AM

I farm/ranch around CEE VEE and turkey. I have one place that's split by fm 1440 and on one side of the road it's 95% muleys. On the other it's probably 50% WT. If you are expecting hill country type deer density, you will be sorely disappointed. Its beautiful country.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Cee Vee, TX whitetail #’s - 11/15/19 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Brandon Adamcik
Game warden thought it was 75/25(mule/wt). Thought that was odd based on wt around Paducah and Childress.

I would think the WT #’s would be higher than that.
Posted By: PigMoney

Re: Cee Vee, TX whitetail #’s - 11/15/19 01:46 PM

It kinda depends. South and west of Childress into Hall county to see a lot more Muledeer, but there are also some big Whitetail south and west of Tell, towards Northfield. There is a small herd of Muledeer that hang out on the SE edge of town (Childress) and come into the neighborhood, but there are also some huge Whitetails 1-2 miles south of town. They're kinda sporadic. I would think Cee Vee Area would be closer to 60-70% Whitetail and 30-40% Muledeer. I hunt about 7-8 miles SW of Childress towards Tell and have yet to see a Muledeer on this place.

Re: Cee Vee, TX whitetail #’s - 11/15/19 02:16 PM

We hunt east of Childress now, near the solar farms and have a few mule deer with good numbers of wt.
Just looking to get a bit more remote and in some cedars.
Posted By: highplains2

Re: Cee Vee, TX whitetail #’s - 11/20/19 10:17 PM

We hunt south of Memphis and have about 95% whitetail. We have another place near Plaska that's about 50/50 WT- muley.
Posted By: PigMoney

Re: Cee Vee, TX whitetail #’s - 11/21/19 02:55 PM

Gotta eat my words, had a small forkhorn muledeer walk 50 yards from my blind last night. PS, Rut is on (has been for a week at least) in Childress County...
Posted By: B_Man

Re: Cee Vee, TX whitetail #’s - 11/21/19 03:20 PM

thanks PigMoney for that update. We were out there hunting east of Northfield a couple of weeks ago and did not see very much
movement. We expected to see more but I guess the rut was not quite on yet. BTW- we see about 99% WT but once in a while we
get a muley on camera.

PigMoney - PM me your deer picture when you get it. Would like to see how well others do and how big the deer are in that area.
Good luck hunting

thanks
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum