Texas Hunting Forum

Same deer?

Posted By: Grosvenor

Same deer? - 11/04/19 10:04 PM

The first two pics are from 2018 and the 3rd and 4th pics are from Saturday. Same location. Different deer or same?

Appreciate your thoughts.

And I know the pics aren’t great, but any thoughts on age for the 2019 deer would be helpful too.

Thanks

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: AdvTX

Re: Same deer? - 11/04/19 10:06 PM

I would say it is the same

Very nice buck
Posted By: rickym

Re: Same deer? - 11/04/19 10:07 PM

Looks like it could be the same with the weak left side brow. Based off those pics 4.5 this year but hard to say
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Same deer? - 11/04/19 10:14 PM

Not gonna say they couldn't be the same, but I think they are two different bucks. First buck looks to have smoother beams without the bumps, his G-2's are longer than his 3's and his brow tine on the right side curves in and back.

Second buck's 3's are longer than his 2's he seems to have rough bases and his brows seem pretty straight. Also the fork created by the G-4 and end of the beam seem to have a different shape than the first buck.

Not much to go on for the second on age other than he looks thick. The first one looks mature last year.

Re: Same deer? - 11/04/19 10:15 PM

If the second set of pics is a 4 year old then I say no way they are the same because that first one aint a 3 year old.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Same deer? - 11/04/19 10:18 PM

First deer is 5 atleast second could be 6 pretty easy

Could be same deer, could not be.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Same deer? - 11/04/19 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
First deer is 5 atleast second could be 6 pretty easy

Could be same deer, could not be.

That first could very well be 6 also if not older. More I look At the first I older I put him.

Need more Pics of second. He could be a very healthy 7.5

Re: Same deer? - 11/04/19 10:22 PM

I agree, that first one looks plenty mature.

Re: Same deer? - 11/04/19 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by redchevy
I agree, that first one looks plenty mature.

Here are more pics of the 2018 deer’s body.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Same deer? - 11/04/19 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by redchevy
Not gonna say they couldn't be the same, but I think they are two different bucks. First buck looks to have smoother beams without the bumps, his G-2's are longer than his 3's and his brow tine on the right side curves in and back.

Second buck's 3's are longer than his 2's he seems to have rough bases and his brows seem pretty straight. Also the fork created by the G-4 and end of the beam seem to have a different shape than the first buck.

Not much to go on for the second on age other than he looks thick. The first one looks mature last year.

I had the same thoughts on the 2's and 3's. Deer seem to keep one pattern or the other in my experience.

Re: Same deer? - 11/04/19 10:43 PM

Also the first buck's 2's and 3's curve in at the tips on the right side and the second pictures don't appear to. Lot of little differences make me think different. They also do kind of look alike. Either way both good looking bucks or a good looking buck, problem I wouldn't mind having! deer2
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Same deer? - 11/04/19 10:59 PM

Can not tell from those pics but he looks like he could be....I would of called him 5-6 last years pics.
Posted By: huntwest

Re: Same deer? - 11/05/19 01:35 AM

Heck I’m not sure pic # 3 and 4 are the same deer. Looks like 3 has a blunt G3

Re: Same deer? - 11/05/19 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by huntwest
Heck I’m not sure pic # 3 and 4 are the same deer. Looks like 3 has a blunt G3

I noticed that too, but it's just an anomaly with the image. Definitely the same deer.
Posted By: jbseamus83

Re: Same deer? - 11/06/19 03:22 PM

Looks to me like the first 2 pics are a different buck than the last 2 pics. Length of tines is different. Looking at the G2's and G3's. Both are very nice deer and I would be extremely pleased with either.
Posted By: cactusjim

Re: Same deer? - 11/07/19 07:36 PM

What area of the state Grosvenor?

Re: Same deer? - 11/07/19 07:53 PM

South Texas, southern Live Oak County
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum