Texas Hunting Forum

A huge thank you to Mark Johnson - texasbloodtrackers.com

Posted By: TTT Ranch

A huge thank you to Mark Johnson - texasbloodtrackers.com - 11/02/19 07:44 PM

I have no idea if Mark is a forum member or not but Mark and his dog Chigger live in Parker County and I contacted him about 8pm last night about a wounded deer from a crossbow shot. Mark made the 2+ hour drive and he and his dog found my dads buck at about 11:45pm. Can’t thank him enough.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: MWTX270

Re: A huge thank you to Mark Johnson - texasbloodtrackers.com - 11/02/19 07:54 PM

Great, must be a good dog, would love to watch a dig like that work
Posted By: S.A. hunter

Re: A huge thank you to Mark Johnson - texasbloodtrackers.com - 11/02/19 08:15 PM

Nice!
Posted By: Big8

Re: A huge thank you to Mark Johnson - texasbloodtrackers.com - 11/02/19 09:01 PM

Congratulations to your Dad, glad you were able to find the deer. I passed on a nice deer last weekend with my crossbow because I was worried about losing one of the best deer I have seen on this particular place, now I am sitting and hoping he shows up again and second guessing letting him pass by.
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: A huge thank you to Mark Johnson - texasbloodtrackers.com - 11/02/19 11:33 PM

Congratulation to your dad and glad Mark & Chigger completed a great hunt. Well done.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: A huge thank you to Mark Johnson - texasbloodtrackers.com - 11/03/19 12:39 AM

Congrats to your Dad, that is a good looking buck. Good on you for calling Mark and him bringing Chigger out to let him do what it looks like Chigger likes to do. Sometimes calling in a dog s the wise decision
Posted By: catslayer

Re: A huge thank you to Mark Johnson - texasbloodtrackers.com - 11/03/19 12:44 AM

Dig it
Posted By: batman

Re: A huge thank you to Mark Johnson - texasbloodtrackers.com - 11/03/19 01:35 AM

Great buck, glad you found him!
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: A huge thank you to Mark Johnson - texasbloodtrackers.com - 11/03/19 02:02 AM

Where is his home base? If Parker county is a ways off.
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: A huge thank you to Mark Johnson - texasbloodtrackers.com - 11/03/19 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by kmon1
Congrats to your Dad, that is a good looking buck. Good on you for calling Mark and him bringing Chigger out to let him do what it looks like Chigger likes to do. Sometimes calling in a dog s the wise decision

cheers
Posted By: TTT Ranch

Re: A huge thank you to Mark Johnson - texasbloodtrackers.com - 11/03/19 11:46 AM

He lives in Parker County (Brock) and drove to Throckmorton.
Posted By: Stub

Re: A huge thank you to Mark Johnson - texasbloodtrackers.com - 11/03/19 11:51 AM

cheers
Posted By: Hymer

Re: A huge thank you to Mark Johnson - texasbloodtrackers.com - 11/04/19 02:25 AM

Great buck and a good looking dog!
Posted By: soonersorlaters

Re: A huge thank you to Mark Johnson - texasbloodtrackers.com - 11/04/19 02:45 AM

Had him out last year on a buck my daughter shot. We did not find that deer but he and his dogs worked their [censored] off to find it. There was very marginal blood within 50 yards from point of impact...………..I'm talking about 6-8 drops. I don't know how many miles we logged trying to pick up a scent by zig zagging a 100 acre area around where that deer was shot. I left there knowing that deer was either alive or a freak of nature to have died and not be scented. I'd call him again without hesitation if needed.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: A huge thank you to Mark Johnson - texasbloodtrackers.com - 11/05/19 12:38 PM

Posted By: Hudbone

Re: A huge thank you to Mark Johnson - texasbloodtrackers.com - 11/05/19 01:26 PM

You were raised right - gotta love those Cowboys.

Great deer!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum