Texas Hunting Forum

Happy Hunting

Posted By: Combine Kid

Happy Hunting - 11/02/19 12:22 PM

Hope you all have a great season!

Now let's fill those freezers, and if we're lucky enough maybe the buck we dreamed about as kids, steps out and gives us an opportunity.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Happy Hunting - 11/02/19 02:00 PM

Right on. up
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Happy Hunting - 11/02/19 03:09 PM

It was a beautiful morning. I had deer all around me, but it was too nice to shoot something and ruin the morning. Did see a shootable 8 point a couple of times. He was out about 250 or 300, so the shot was doable, but naaaah. Maybe tomorrow.

It was great. Still air, frost on the ground, hot coffee, deer in the beams of sunlight.
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Happy Hunting - 11/02/19 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by 603Country
It was a beautiful morning. I had deer all around me, but it was too nice to shoot something and ruin the morning. Did see a shootable 8 point a couple of times. He was out about 250 or 300, so the shot was doable, but naaaah. Maybe tomorrow.

It was great. Still air, frost on the ground, hot coffee, deer in the beams of sunlight.

Hear ya!

Cold, clear and still this morning. All I did was take pics and watch some deer through my binoculars. Just enjoyed the morning. Not long after first light a Doe with her fawn from this year came out about 100 yds. away. Slowly feeding along. I had picked up my binoculars to watch them when I noticed the doe pick her head up and stare directly at my box blind. I thought "NO WAY she spotted the small amount of movement I made".

She stood intently watching my direction. As I went to put my Bino's down I discovered the reason for her staring. A small 8 point had slipped in from directly behind me and was standing 10 yds. in front of my elevated box blind....looking at them. He made a bee-line for the two deer, quickly scent checked her and was on his way.

A few minutes later a little 6 point showed up and chased the Doe all around in front of me. Eventually, he gave up and went somewhere else. The Doe and fawn continued to feed for another 10 minutes then meandered off. I stayed on stand until 11:00 a.m., not seeing anything else or hearing any shooting around me, so I got down. Will go back this afternoon. Enjoyable morning.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum