Texas Hunting Forum

San Saba County

Posted By: al_mart9903

San Saba County - 10/30/19 08:51 PM

Does anyone hunt in San Saba County? This is my first season on my new lease between San Saba and Richland Springs. I saw some encouraging pics on camera 3 weeks ago the last time I was there. How is the activity been the past few days since it has gotten colder? Thanks. Good luck to everyone this weekend! I am pumped!
Posted By: ctonsmitty

Re: San Saba County - 10/30/19 09:52 PM

Just out of curiosity are you North or South of Hwy 190? Near the San Saba River?

Regardless, the RUT will be full swing November 9-23 like it is every single year.

You should be pumped....there's a lot of deer and some pretty nice bucks where you are hunting. This cool weather will have them on their feet this weekend
Posted By: activescrape

Re: San Saba County - 10/30/19 10:23 PM

We are north of that a way, but some good bucks around. Shaping up perfect for this weekend.
Posted By: sbushee

Re: San Saba County - 10/31/19 11:45 AM

Hunted south of 190 our that way for a number of years. Lots of deer and some decent bucks. Shot a P&Y and each year we always got deer in the 130” range [Linked Image]
Posted By: MarkTwain00

Re: San Saba County - 10/31/19 06:36 PM

Always plenty of deer in the region, but also plenty of guns....most don't care about our management, they see antlers and shoot, but that's life for most of us.

Activity at our cameras has been great, lots of young bucks, few old boys who made it through last year, still grouped up.

Opening morning sounds like D-Day in past years!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum