Texas Hunting Forum

conservation leases

Posted By: fishbait

conservation leases - 10/14/19 10:43 PM

Has anyone hunted next to a conservation management lease during bow season? I sit in my popup blind with my bow and hear the hunters on the conservation lease hunting on the fence line hunting deer I have fed all year long. Why doesn't P&W open the gun season for all the same day?
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: conservation leases - 10/14/19 11:25 PM

You talking about MLD?
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: conservation leases - 10/14/19 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by fishbait
Has anyone hunted next to a conservation management lease during bow season? I sit in my popup blind with my bow and hear the hunters on the conservation lease hunting on the fence line hunting deer I have fed all year long. Why doesn't P&W open the gun season for all the same day?

Why don't you apply for MLD status for your property? You could be gun hunting as well........if you have enough acreage for the deer to feed and live on your place...
Posted By: Rustler

Re: conservation leases - 10/15/19 12:00 AM

Or WMA?
Posted By: Txhunter65

Re: conservation leases - 10/15/19 06:38 PM

TPWD doesn't open gun season for everyone on the same day because those people are doing multiple habitat improvement practices on an annual basis, they're conducting at least 3-4 populations survey's annually, collecting data that has to be turned in annually, its a privilege that is earned. If you're doing these things as well that's great apply for the program. As for fence line hunting, and your feeding them all year...I'm pretty sure if they're in MLD they're feeding them all year as well... on the fence line hunting, call the game warden while its not illegal to hunt a fence line he can go talk to the hunters, if they're management minded enough to be in the MLD, they'd likely move a blind that was closer than 100 or so yards from the fence.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum