Texas Hunting Forum

Might Want To Move My Blind......

Posted By: Tbar

Might Want To Move My Blind...... - 10/04/19 12:24 PM

Might want to move my blind to the front yard.

I never thought about hunting the front yard at the Farm.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: David Maas

Re: Might Want To Move My Blind...... - 10/04/19 12:36 PM

That last one looks like he might be a scrapper
Posted By: PROLINE19

Re: Might Want To Move My Blind...... - 10/04/19 12:36 PM

There is always a big camp buck hanging around
Posted By: lubbockdave

Re: Might Want To Move My Blind...... - 10/04/19 12:54 PM

Biggest buck I shot was 300 yards from camp-really nice 13 pt. What made it even more satisfying was this was my first, last and only year on this lease with a bunch of used car salesmen who would lie through their teeth about everything. The kind of lease where there would be 3 cameras at every feeder because no one would be honest about what they see or have on film. Found several deer stands that were someone's "secret honey hole" even though the lease agreement was it is "all community stands/feeders"...anyhow, yes don't overthink things and overlook the obvious!!
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Might Want To Move My Blind...... - 10/04/19 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Tbar

They know, that's why they're there!
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Might Want To Move My Blind...... - 10/04/19 07:06 PM

elmer
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: Might Want To Move My Blind...... - 10/05/19 02:20 PM

You don't need to move your blind. I see a huge blind in the photo with multiple window shooting ports!
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Might Want To Move My Blind...... - 10/05/19 05:42 PM

Yup.
I hid a camera on the dirt road by camp to look for visitors.
Took it down after the season, looked like a buck super highway.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Might Want To Move My Blind...... - 10/05/19 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks
Originally Posted by Tbar

They know, that's why they're there!

They pattern us a lot better than we do them
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Might Want To Move My Blind...... - 10/05/19 07:33 PM

Back when I had a small farm I had a feeder on the side of a hill at 217 yards. One of my friends asked why not on top of the hill. I told him I needed a backstop when shooting out of the kitchen door. Sliding glass door and a full length curtain made a good cold rainy day blind.
Posted By: Txhunter65

Re: Might Want To Move My Blind...... - 10/05/19 07:38 PM

Looks like they’re casing the joint!!!
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Might Want To Move My Blind...... - 10/09/19 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by PROLINE19
There is always a big camp buck hanging around

I've read articles and seen first hand how deer will often hang around and bed near places frequented by humans, most likely for the safety in provides against predators. Back when I was a kid living in Mississippi and using dogs to run deer was legal, we would always jump bedded deer almost a stone's throw behind an old man's house in a very remote area of the county. I've also jumped them when they were bedded near roadways where the sounds and frequency of passing vehicles might serve as a deterrent to predators. IMO, these deer have learned that while the human activity and sounds are no threat to them, it makes for a relative safe place to bed.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Might Want To Move My Blind...... - 10/09/19 03:01 PM

Yep, crazy.

Attached picture 2017.jpg
Posted By: DeCurry

Re: Might Want To Move My Blind...... - 10/10/19 07:50 PM

I've had more weekends where I saw no deer at all than I care to admit ("I'm paying for this lease for what exactly?"), and on a number of those occasions, the only deer I saw all weekend were on the edge of towns/cities as I headed home.
Posted By: Adchunts

Re: Might Want To Move My Blind...... - 10/11/19 12:32 AM

Shot a really nice ten point off the porch a few years ago. My ex’s boy shot an old 8 point off the same porch that year. Best blind is a living room.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Might Want To Move My Blind...... - 10/11/19 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Adchunts
Shot a really nice ten point off the porch a few years ago. My ex’s boy shot an old 8 point off the same porch that year. Best blind is a living room.

That is why I sometimes use the bedroom window of our cabin for my blind.
Posted By: DOD

Re: Might Want To Move My Blind...... - 10/14/19 02:22 AM

My BIL was given the family place and although there is an old trailer house still on property, the shop was one of my best blinds until a relive filled it up with furniture and boxes. Finally the rats have done a number on what was stored so it just got cleaned out again, time to move the feeder back to the yard.
Posted By: TXRobTRX

Re: Might Want To Move My Blind...... - 10/14/19 02:24 AM

We have the same problem, but we have a rule that you cant hunt in camp.......
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Might Want To Move My Blind...... - 10/14/19 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by lubbockdave
Biggest buck I shot was 300 yards from camp-really nice 13 pt. What made it even more satisfying was this was my first, last and only year on this lease with a bunch of used car salesmen who would lie through their teeth about everything. The kind of lease where there would be 3 cameras at every feeder because no one would be honest about what they see or have on film. Found several deer stands that were someone's "secret honey hole" even though the lease agreement was it is "all community stands/feeders"...anyhow, yes don't overthink things and overlook the obvious!!

Very well done!

'Best axis I've shot I spotted while sitting next to my wife drinking coffee looking out over our field. Now, this ain't a regular thing, but I was drinking a "breakfast beer" that my son had given me. (He's into craft brewing.) I slapped on my Sperry deck shoes (those dang things are quiet!) and put the sneaky-sneaky on him. (The wind was just right.)

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum