Texas Hunting Forum

Digging up a deer head-Euro mount and aging deer by teeth

Posted By: StrungOutOutdoors

Digging up a deer head-Euro mount and aging deer by teeth - 10/01/19 04:56 AM

Posted By: Flashprism

Re: Digging up a deer head-Euro mount and aging deer by teeth - 10/01/19 06:29 PM

I've posted before my easy European process. Living on Padre Island I let nature accelerate my cleaning process. I put my heads in my canal and the crabs and fish do a through cleaning in about 30 days.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: StrungOutOutdoors

Re: Digging up a deer head-Euro mount and aging deer by teeth - 10/01/19 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Flashprism
I've posted before my easy European process. Living on Padre Island I let nature accelerate my cleaning process. I put my heads in my canal and the crabs and fish do a through cleaning in about 30 days.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

nice!

Re: Digging up a deer head-Euro mount and aging deer by teeth - 10/03/19 12:36 PM

Strung like your process as it also is low labor however I lack the patience
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Digging up a deer head-Euro mount and aging deer by teeth - 10/03/19 12:43 PM

I need to do that in Rockport, that’s brilliant

Re: Digging up a deer head-Euro mount and aging deer by teeth - 10/06/19 01:44 PM

BOBO started this when I moved on the island in 1998. The time depends on water temp. It takes a little longer when the water gets cold. 35 days in October/ Nov. and about 50 to 60 days in January.

When done I just hose off with garden hose. Sometimes I get couple barnacles that I just scrape off with a knife. But this is when submerged for for the 60 days.

I do bleach over night with about a 10% bleach content in water.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum