Texas Hunting Forum

Best Priced/Best Quality Stand & Fill Feeders

Posted By: 30incher

Best Priced/Best Quality Stand & Fill Feeders - 09/12/19 02:39 PM

We are about to replace 8 tripod type corn feeders with 8 new stand and fill 600+pound feeders. I have purchased a couple of the All-Seasons, a couple of the Ranch King & HB brand feeders in the last 3 years. My question is- these models are changing features pretty much every year and I'd like to get your opinions on the best bag for your buck! What would you buy if you can and why?
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Best Priced/Best Quality Stand & Fill Feeders - 09/12/19 02:54 PM

Bucees ASF stand and fill, then Lamco, then what I would call Cadillac higherend premium(metal gauge, features, etc) Ramball

Re: Best Priced/Best Quality Stand & Fill Feeders - 09/12/19 02:57 PM

To clarify why, I think the metal varmint plates are a better deal then the cages(HB) or drop down spinner plate(ranchking)
Posted By: PMK

Re: Best Priced/Best Quality Stand & Fill Feeders - 09/12/19 04:17 PM

as I start to replace my tripod & winch up 55 gallon feeders with stand and fill ... I will be going with GreenGo feeders ... GreenGo Products ... built in Brownwood TX and have dealers all around the state. Dealer Map

my SIL bought two 400 pound feeders about a year ago and loves them. I helped him last weekend fill feeders and check cameras, they very easy access, quality built and hog/cattle/bear proof.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Best Priced/Best Quality Stand & Fill Feeders - 09/12/19 04:51 PM

ASF stand and fill.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Best Priced/Best Quality Stand & Fill Feeders - 09/12/19 05:49 PM

I am converting all to the Lamco stand & fill. No varmint loss (none), easy to move around and extremely dependable. The Buccees model appears to be a very lightweight knock off of the design and deserves a look see, but has the motor and its wiring at the bottom which the coons will use as trapezes at some point (belief mine). There ain't nothing hanging out of that there Lamco. Costs a lil' more, but thinking it will be the last feeder I ever purchase.

No more ladders and no more busted cables on the winches. I lovey it.
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: Best Priced/Best Quality Stand & Fill Feeders - 09/12/19 05:51 PM

I am going with ASF this weekend. Replacing everyone I have.
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Best Priced/Best Quality Stand & Fill Feeders - 09/12/19 08:54 PM

I’ll be replacing my feeders early next year with stand and fill. I’ll Shop around, but the ASFs at Bucee’s are the ones I’ll likely buy.
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: Best Priced/Best Quality Stand & Fill Feeders - 09/12/19 08:59 PM

Another rec for Buc ees version. Lot's to like about it, and it's plenty tough enough so far. Hudbone, they fixed the problem with motor/wiring hanging out the bottom. Yes, the motor hangs out still, but there is a metal shroud around the wires. No way coons can mess with it.

Re: Best Priced/Best Quality Stand & Fill Feeders - 09/12/19 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
I am converting all to the Lamco stand & fill. No varmint loss (none), easy to move around and extremely dependable. The Buccees model appears to be a very lightweight knock off of the design and deserves a look see, but has the motor and its wiring at the bottom which the coons will use as trapezes at some point (belief mine). There ain't nothing hanging out of that there Lamco. Costs a lil' more, but thinking it will be the last feeder I ever purchase.

No more ladders and no more busted cables on the winches. I lovey it.

Actually the Lamco is lighter then the ASF. Biggest difference is Lamco has there motor inside of the main hooper, and ASF is below the funnel in abox.

Used both, Lamco gets nod due to 1000 lb availablity. Both need to rethink lid attachment IMO. Just be careful, if not 100% locked down they will blow off.

If money isn’t a big issue this one is much better Built. I have 2 1000lbers https://texashuntingforum.com/forum...corn-feeders-giving-one-away#Post7551459
Posted By: Scott W

Re: Best Priced/Best Quality Stand & Fill Feeders - 09/13/19 04:30 AM

My brother and I each bought an Ambush feeder this year. 650# stand and fill. Comes ready to fill and feed. $500
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Best Priced/Best Quality Stand & Fill Feeders - 09/13/19 08:10 PM

Alamo in the classifieds. I have several and the rest don’t stand up with this one........ I will never own a feeder with a varmit cage again. These are set it and forget it. No assembly and I can load and unload the 1000 pound from the back of my pickup.
Posted By: Tophers

Re: Best Priced/Best Quality Stand & Fill Feeders - 09/15/19 12:56 AM

Going to Lamco stand and fill this year, so far worth every penny
Posted By: BigBucky2014

Re: Best Priced/Best Quality Stand & Fill Feeders - 09/18/19 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
To clarify why, I think the metal varmint plates are a better deal then the cages(HB) or drop down spinner plate(ranchking)

I've always been concerned that it would be a major issue if you ever got a piece of cob or anything jammed in the spinner. Doesn't happen often, but it can happen. How do you clear it if there's a plate covering the entire bottom 1" below the spinner??
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum