Texas Hunting Forum

poachers

Posted By: fishbait

poachers - 08/22/19 01:07 PM

Is there a good secrete to catching poachers? I've caught them on camera only at night and not very often. Cameras catch the lights only...some kind of lasers I think. If they would come more often then we could have a better chance of timing them.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: poachers - 08/22/19 01:13 PM

Good Luck. Poachers are just like any criminal. They look for an easy target. They won't be there if they think you will be there. Have you figured out if they are using the same trails? Using your stands? Maybe put cameras in a different location?
Posted By: DLALLDER

Re: poachers - 08/22/19 01:19 PM

Contact your local Game Warden. Odds are he will know who they are and what to do.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: poachers - 08/23/19 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by DLALLDER
Contact your local Game Warden. Odds are he will know who they are and what to do.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: poachers - 08/23/19 12:56 AM

Deadfall pits work but the liability associated with them seems too steep to make them practical. Call the game warden, puts the property, more cameras, solar lights at your camp.
Posted By: cabosandinh

Re: poachers - 08/23/19 04:25 AM

you need to install several cameras where you suspect they're traveling

put up a sign letting them know that they have been caught on cam
and a picture has been shared with the Sheriff and Game Warden

they feel busted and will move on
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: poachers - 08/23/19 02:04 PM

Hope you catch them...
Posted By: 10 Gauge

Re: poachers - 08/23/19 02:07 PM

I gues you could stay behind with some buddies and have another one drive yoir truck off to make like ya'll left. P Then ambush them. But it will probably get you a premeditated murder charge hehe
Posted By: cxjcherokec

Re: poachers - 08/24/19 04:01 PM

We caught some poachers years ago by putting up "smile you're on camera" signs on the feeders. Set up a dummy cams in easy to see spots and had other 15' up in trees. Got em thinking they stole the cameras
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: poachers - 08/24/19 05:44 PM

I have not used one of them cameras that emails pictures, but I bet one would be a great help
Posted By: Gringocazador

Re: poachers - 08/26/19 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Simple Searcher
I have not used one of them cameras that emails pictures, but I bet one would be a great help

I had two running last year, bought another one couple weeks back but have not put it out. Will this weekend. Will probably buy a forth one this week if I can find the ones I use and put it out too. I want to have 4 running in the week or two.

They run 5-10 bucks a month per Cam. Cheap fun compared to a lot of things we spend money on. I use the Moutrie Verison Cam's that Academy sells. Seem to work and easy to set up.

Thanks, Billy
Posted By: Palehorse

Re: poachers - 08/26/19 05:34 PM

I'm sure ya'll have seen this before. It still cracks me up.

Posted By: 10 Gauge

Re: poachers - 08/26/19 06:00 PM

Well if you ever decide to go the ambush route, I'm in
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: poachers - 08/28/19 02:10 PM

three S's
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: poachers - 08/28/19 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by colt45
three S's

If only I could.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum