Texas Hunting Forum

best attractant

Posted By: fishbait

best attractant - 07/30/19 08:25 PM

I have found the best attractant .....better than food...better than most attractants found at sports stores. ....WATER!!!! all the bucks and does drink the water I bring water in and pour into a big tub. All big bucks and all does come in. We have a creek with about a foot of water for cows and such about 600 yd.s away but they like having water I bring in...nice and clean and cool in the shade and handy in the same pen with three feeders. Even the old big bucks like it. I have used this before but never put a camera on the water to see what comes in. I know it always took about 10 to 15 gallons per day. I just thought you might be interested...it has always interested me knowing the water will be gone in just a few days...but still the deer continues to come in and check for water.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: best attractant - 07/30/19 09:49 PM

I agree. Water is the key and most over-looked management tool that one can use. I added water on my place for 4 of the first 5 yrs now. Deer use all of them daily. What I have found thru the years is to add water within site of a blind location. It really helps for early season hunts when it is hot.
Posted By: fishdfly

Re: best attractant - 07/30/19 10:34 PM

I use lick tubs from my cows and put them by each blind.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum