Texas Hunting Forum

Getting ready

Posted By: Big8

Getting ready - 07/27/19 11:46 PM

Started feeding a couple weeks ago and will need to start MLD counts for the State soon so this afternoon I am in a ground blind hoping to see some pigs with my new green light, hopefully I put some fear into the pigs and and least push them down the road for the interem.
Posted By: TexasKC

Re: Getting ready - 07/28/19 12:50 AM

Good luck to you. I thought about sitting in the stand for a while but I sprayed fencelines today and I'm worn out. Let alone the fact that it's still 94 degrees here.
Posted By: Big8

Re: Getting ready - 07/28/19 11:26 PM

Ended up shooting one big boar right before dark, put him down with my 243 but 5 minutes later he got up and walked away, tried another shot but couldn’t tell. Looked this morning but I believe he went into heavy brush and the coyotes most likely got him. Did get to see two bucks today leaving out, one was a 2 year old 6 point and the other was a 3-4 year old 10.
Posted By: TexasKC

Re: Getting ready - 07/29/19 01:13 AM

I'm almost glad when one jumps up and runs because then I don't have to drag it off to the boneyard.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Getting ready - 07/29/19 02:06 AM

Nice. My son and I sat in blind last night until 10 and only saw deer and coons. Filled another feeder today and forgot ibasked buddy to take my camera down dang it.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum