Texas Hunting Forum

"The-Timer" Issue

Posted By: titan2232

"The-Timer" Issue - 05/15/19 02:31 PM

Right off the top I'd like to say these timers have performed very well for me over the past 20 years even though a bad batch came out in 2016

Just recently found another faulty timer unit and would like to let everyone know what to look for in case you haven't heard.

What to look for:
1.) Serial numbers that start with TW61, TW62, or TW63
2.) Any serial numbers where the numbers are larger than the first two letters
3.) A timer that loses time (mine is losing roughly 25 seconds every 24 hours)
4.) A timer that has blanked out numbers when entering any program mode (P1 - P-6)
5.) A timer that will stick and send a constant throw signal until disconnected, timer reset, or battery is drained (if you walk up to your feeder with 500 pounds of corn in a pile you'll know)

The guys at West Texas Feeder Supply are excellent and have no problem looking into any suspect timer and replacing if needed. I have noticed that the few I've replaced have been replaced with a unit that has illuminated buttons which comes in really handy.
Give them a call if you have any questions 432-385-1303
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: "The-Timer" Issue - 05/15/19 06:04 PM

Good info... Thanks up
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: "The-Timer" Issue - 05/15/19 06:22 PM

tagged for future reference
Posted By: PMK

Re: "The-Timer" Issue - 05/15/19 07:05 PM

I will have to take inventory of what all the serial numbers are of the 25+ units I have. I have a couple of dead ones too along with several HCR that I have been upgrading to The Timer as the HCR have bit the dust.
Posted By: JCB

Re: "The-Timer" Issue - 05/15/19 08:02 PM

Good info. I had one last year that got wet with all the rain we had. LCD screen went blank and figured it was toast. Ordered another one to replace it but after the one that got wet dried out it started working again.

Re: "The-Timer" Issue - 05/16/19 01:16 PM

Picture of my last remaining faulty unit with larger serial number that begins with 63. The only issue with this timer after a reset is it losing time, but my OCD self cannot deal with that.

[Linked Image]

Re: "The-Timer" Issue - 05/16/19 01:19 PM

Safety side note:

Some of these bad timers will automatically turn on and run the motor when you connect to battery and motor so watch your face and eyes if your feeders are full.

You do not want your face that close to a 12 volt spinner plate if it energizes. scared
Posted By: freerange

Re: "The-Timer" Issue - 05/16/19 02:29 PM

Thanks Titan and all good info. We run 25 to 30 feeders and as we have problems we are slowly converting to The Timer and love them. Very idiot proof user friendly which I personally need. We have also had problems with some of the various serial numbers but if you stay on top of it its easy to deal with since they will warranty them for you. We went years without any issues at all then got into some of the bad serial numbers.

Re: "The-Timer" Issue - 05/16/19 03:00 PM

Yes sir no problem. Very frustrating and unacceptable to find a bad timer when hunting 5-7 hours away.

Sounds like most of the timer issues were from units built in 2016 so that may narrow it down a bit.
Posted By: 10pointers

Re: "The-Timer" Issue - 05/22/19 02:30 AM

tag and thanks
Posted By: LoneStarCarnivore

Re: "The-Timer" Issue - 05/29/19 02:59 AM

Great info, we have replaced a couple because they dumped 600ish pounds of corn more than once and were way off on the time every time we would go up. Glad we did not throw them away.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum