Texas Hunting Forum

anyone know anything about this group?

Posted By: esnow74

anyone know anything about this group? - 04/02/19 04:37 PM

Big Country Hunts
I did a quick search but didn't see anything, could be my search skills. Just curious of anyone who has had dealings with this group, good or bad. You can send me a pm if you prefer. Have an opportunity on a property but they run the hunting on the property and would like to know anything I can. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: anyone know anything about this group? - 04/02/19 04:42 PM

This is their website:

Big Country Hunts
Posted By: tlk

Re: anyone know anything about this group? - 04/02/19 10:42 PM

ask for references and pictures of recent game taken - also ask to talk to several current members
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: anyone know anything about this group? - 04/03/19 03:51 PM

Never heard of them, but that might be because they are not listing their names. For me, a potential red flag is using a PO Box number. While not a deal breaker, I like to know where the person that I'm sending my money to lives. I would find out the owners name and do some searching online for issues before doing anything else.
Posted By: Walkabout

Re: anyone know anything about this group? - 04/03/19 05:29 PM

I would be very careful. Getting some red flags. With the exception of the bobcat all cam pics are 2014. Their other media sites are discontinued. No locations no pricing. I could not find one green flag. BEWARE
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: anyone know anything about this group? - 04/03/19 06:25 PM

This one would require a lot of hard research before I sent any money at all.
If they are not known here on the THF, be very careful.
Posted By: fishdfly

Re: anyone know anything about this group? - 04/03/19 06:29 PM

Shame there is not a BBB for Guides and Outfitters or a vetting service in TX.
Posted By: tlk

Re: anyone know anything about this group? - 04/04/19 01:28 AM

did you call them and talk with them? That would be my first step - I agree with others here - be careful
Posted By: esnow74

Re: anyone know anything about this group? - 04/04/19 02:45 AM

Just have a lease opportunity but after trying to research and seeing lease agreement, it's not for me. I've been on the property a few times before but the guidelines of 2 deer at the price and other conditions in agreement just don't fir what I'm wanting out of a lease. Thanks everyone
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum