Texas Hunting Forum

Record Rack

Posted By: Txhunter65

Record Rack - 02/15/19 01:24 PM

We’re putting out some protein this weekend and we acquired another property that has blackbuck. My question is will the protein harm the antelope?
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Record Rack - 02/15/19 01:50 PM

No
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Record Rack - 02/15/19 01:50 PM

For what it's worth, we tried it years ago in broadcast feeders and found it one of the worst for clogging them, even when mixed with corn.

I would suggest calling the manufacturer and asking to speak to one of their nutritionists. I did this for a friend of mine who picked up some cow feed at a good price and wasn't sure if it was okay to feed to his horses. I contacted the company and they forwarded my call to their nutritionist. Glad I did because he said no, do not give it to horses.

Or just take the earlier advice given just before my post.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Record Rack - 02/15/19 01:56 PM

I fed it to them for years out of spin feeder in portion of the ranch and free choice in another area for 5 yrs. I had a buddy feed it free choice to them on his ranch for 15 yrs free choice. The only thing it did was make the herd grow to fast to keep up with numbers control.
Posted By: Txhunter65

Re: Record Rack - 02/15/19 04:21 PM

Thank you gentlemen!
Posted By: Blank

Re: Record Rack - 02/17/19 10:30 PM

The first year I hunted the Chaparral WMA, David Synatsky was the manager and would not allow corn for baiting. This was before the aflatoxin limits and labeling on corn. He would allow the Record Rack Golden Deer Nuggets tho. OMG, the deer and javelina thought they had died and gone to Heaven!!! I have never had response to hand cast feed like that stuff.
Posted By: yakinthebox

Re: Record Rack - 11/24/19 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Blank
The first year I hunted the Chaparral WMA, David Synatsky was the manager and would not allow corn for baiting. This was before the aflatoxin limits and labeling on corn. He would allow the Record Rack Golden Deer Nuggets tho. OMG, the deer and javelina thought they had died and gone to Heaven!!! I have never had response to hand cast feed like that stuff.

This is wonderful! I'm heading down there in December for an archery hunt and I plan to use this and corn if they will allow this still! This will be my first trip down there to The Chap and I am pumped!
© 2021 Texas Hunting Forum