Texas Hunting Forum

BOLO, poached deer from HF

Posted By: 7mag

BOLO, poached deer from HF - 01/19/19 08:50 PM

A buddy sent me this via email. BTW looks legit.

https://www.fairfield-recorder.com/tag/freestone-county-texas

Texas Wildlife Crime Stoppers are asking for the public’s help in identifying an individual responsible for illegally killing a deer in Freestone County. A $1,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the arrest of the individual. Officials say only the head of the deer was taken, while the carcass was left to waste sometime between the evening of Nov. 22 and the early morning hours of Nov. 23. The poacher allegedly shot the whitetail deer without landowner consent from a high-fence property near the intersection of FM 1366 and FM 27, approximately five miles outside of Wortham. If anyone saw or heard anything about this crime, they are urged to call 1-800-792-GAME (4263). Operation Game Thief is Texas’ wildlife crime-stoppers program, a function of the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department’s Law Enforcement Division. OGT offers rewards

[Linked Image]
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: BOLO, poached deer from HF - 01/20/19 03:57 PM

Hope all the taxidermists in the area get this picture. Sooner or later the poacher is going to want to get it mounted.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: BOLO, poached deer from HF - 01/20/19 06:00 PM

The only reasons to poach a deer like that are if you can fence it very far away or mount it yourself. Hope they find the person and string him up.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: BOLO, poached deer from HF - 01/21/19 01:07 AM

or just mad at deer farmers
Posted By: bossbowman

Re: BOLO, poached deer from HF - 01/21/19 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks
The only reasons to poach a deer like that are if you can fence it very far away or mount it yourself. Hope they find the person and string him up.

They are looking hard, if they find him they will string him up by the family jewels
Posted By: Stub

Re: BOLO, poached deer from HF - 01/21/19 12:40 PM

Hope they catch the POS and whip whip hanged then hanged

Surprised it is only a $1,000 reward ?

Re: BOLO, poached deer from HF - 01/21/19 03:34 PM

Curious what the fine on this deer would be according to the State. Anyone remember a couple of yrs ago some bow hunter from TBH killed a huge free range deer? He posted pics etc and was caught. Anyhow they assessed a 52,000 dollar fine on that one deer for that guy and that was a low fence deer that he killed.

Since this is a farm raised ear tag deer that someone paid to have in the high fence curious what the fine will be if caught. Replacement costs to the farmer, the State etc.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: BOLO, poached deer from HF - 01/21/19 03:54 PM

Probably figures the guy will be caught, so he doesn't want to offer up and be out too much money!
Posted By: fouzman

Re: BOLO, poached deer from HF - 01/21/19 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by 7mag
Curious what the fine on this deer would be according to the State. Anyone remember a couple of yrs ago some bow hunter from TBH killed a huge free range deer? He posted pics etc and was caught. Anyhow they assessed a 52,000 dollar fine on that one deer for that guy and that was a low fence deer that he killed.

Since this is a farm raised ear tag deer that someone paid to have in the high fence curious what the fine will be if caught. Replacement costs to the farmer, the State etc.

It's based on gross B&C score. Doesn't matter if the deer was pen-raised or not. It's still the property of the State and you can bet that WHEN they catch this bastage, IF he is convicted he will face some very steep restitution charges. IN the case of the Denton Co. poacher, he paid $190/inch in restitution.
Posted By: ccoker

Re: BOLO, poached deer from HF - 01/21/19 04:15 PM

wow.
what a POS

Re: BOLO, poached deer from HF - 01/21/19 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by fouzman

It's based on gross B&C score. Doesn't matter if the deer was pen-raised or not. It's still the property of the State and you can bet that WHEN they catch this bastage, IF he is convicted he will face some very steep restitution charges. IN the case of the Denton Co. poacher, he paid $190/inch in restitution.

I would think the deer farmer would want his share of restitution. Some of those deer are well upwards of 20 grand and semen straws are easy over 10 gs. I can't imagine him not wanting a cut in the pie? Does that make sense??
Posted By: BenBob

Re: BOLO, poached deer from HF - 01/22/19 01:58 PM

The reward should be 25 times $1000 at least.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: BOLO, poached deer from HF - 01/22/19 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by fouzman

I would think the deer farmer would want his share of restitution. Some of those deer are well upwards of 20 grand and semen straws are easy over 10 gs. I can't imagine him not wanting a cut in the pie? Does that make sense??

I see your point, 7mag, but I don't think the state works that way when it comes to deer. It will be an interesting case to follow, though. I'd like to know as well.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: BOLO, poached deer from HF - 01/24/19 11:34 PM

That’s less than 15 minutes from my house and I haven’t heard anything about it
Posted By: 10 Gauge

Re: BOLO, poached deer from HF - 01/25/19 02:08 AM

I wonder how they determine fines and rewards for something like that. I recently spoke to a guy about these places people are paying big bucks to hunt, they are not all one owner properties but groups of people working hard for their small piece of the American dream, in a partnership, trying to make a little money off their properties. Just a side hustle at best.

I wonder how many people spend big money just for a opportunity to try to find that buck?

He ought to be forced to pay restitution to those landowners in addition to his fines!

Re: BOLO, poached deer from HF - 01/25/19 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler

You must not do facebook, it was all over FB
Posted By: Jon

Re: BOLO, poached deer from HF - 01/25/19 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Legend LE-195

I think that happens to a lot of us who don't do facebook.
I'm still going to hold out. I figure if it's important enough that i need to know about it I'll hear about it soon enough some other kind of way.

Re: BOLO, poached deer from HF - 01/25/19 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Jon
Originally Posted by Legend LE-195

I think that happens to a lot of us who don't do facebook.
I'm still going to hold out. I figure if it's important enough that i need to know about it I'll hear about it soon enough some other kind of way.

True, I held out for a long time too
Posted By: retfuz

Re: BOLO, poached deer from HF - 01/25/19 11:52 PM

It doesn't seem that deer in high fenced pastures should be property of the state. Land owners buy them, nurture them, and profit from hunters who harvest them.. It seems they're no different than other livestock.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum