Texas Hunting Forum

Trail Camera Software to Pattern Animals

Posted By: thehuntersight

Trail Camera Software to Pattern Animals - 12/24/18 07:23 PM

Hello,

First, I wanted to introduce myself to the forum and I appreciate being able to post a little about my new business that was designed for hunters. My name is Bryce, and I have been hunting in Leon County, Texas for the past 33 years. I mainly hunt small cattle ranches which aren't the best habitat for whitetails surrounded by neighbors that all enjoy hunting as well. So a trophy buck to me is not the same as a trophy buck to others. At least, it would feel that way with the way magazines, Instagram, facebook, and tv shows it appears every hunter but myself kills 140 inch deer every year. Regardless, my hunting experiences are not what I am here to share about, but they did shape the reason I decided to launch my online company, thehuntersight.com.

A quick rundown, if you have questions you can email me at info@thehuntersight.com or ask on here. (You Tube channel - The Hunter Sight, has a few videos with more coming in the future explaining features)

I am still working out a couple of kinks that have arisen since the beta version has launched. When I do feel that it has been fully tested, and I believe that there are no errors; or at least any, I have found then I will post on here again or on my social media accounts.

What you can expect to do with thehuntersight.com when it launches-

Create satellite maps with topography to scout your hunting ground. Draw borders around your property that will give you measurements like acreage and line distance. You can change line colors or fill colors to make things easier to identify. You can also place markers on your map. This is very important, many key features stem from placing and naming your camera, feeder, or stand markers on the map. They will later be in drop down list attached to your property for easy selection.

My favorite feature, is the ability to mass edit or edit individual game camera photos to change the date and time stamp when uploading them to your property. Once, the pictures are uploaded you can choose to go to Game Trends, where you will choose the camera and folder you just uploaded your game camera pictures too. Whatever pictures you uploaded, whether it is deer, pictures of a single buck, hogs, axis, etc. my software will how in percentage and in pie charts the frequency that the animal visited that camera based on wind direction, moon phase, or the time of day. I have a weather app that is associated to your property, so from home or work before you head out to hunt you can check the 7 day forecast. Discover the wind direction, moon phase, up ahead and scout using this trail camera software to choose the best stand. Say a big buck you are after comes by Camera X most frequently with a Southwest wind, but Camera Z more frequently with a Northwest wind. Look up the upcoming weather, say it is a southwest wind. So in that instance you would want to hunt the stand close to Camera X to put yourself in the best spot.

Other features- You can log kills for each map property you save and track buck to doe ratio or bucks maturity that have been killed. I show the buck to doe kill ratio using a pie chart and the Bucks Maturity is broken down in ages from 1.5 to 8.5+ showing each age represented in a bar graph. This can allow you or your lease members to easily see if you are meeting your goals for age structure or gender ratio. You can share kill records with a hunt club as well, other than your private page.

I created the ability to log nutrition information and broke that down into 3 categories -

Food Plots - enter in key information to save to your records or share with a hunt club (I will explain the hunt club feature later)
Supplementation - feeders (protein, corn, etc) I created the ability to chart the monthly usage of each feeder in lbs or to compare one feeder versus another. This would allow you to test different protein or brands to see what your deer prefer.
Minerals - enter key information to save for personal records or share with a hunt club

Hunt Clubs - Hunt Clubs are exclusive groups that you can create with your friends, family, neighbors, or lease members that is separate from your private page. In this setting, you can share records with the group (nutrition, harvest) or share game camera photos. You can create a hit list of animals for the group to know what is okay to kill. You have a group board for your hunt club to allow easy communication among members. The clubs are a tool you can use if hunting land with others to help communicate, plan, and manage your hunting property with ease.

You can even post openings our Lease Openings section.

The satellite maps can be used anywhere in the world to create your property. The topography maps are limited to the U.S..

I understand this was a lot of information to process. Check out my You Tube channel, The Hunter Sight. Facebook page The Hunter Sight and Instagram, thehuntersight to get a better idea of what it looks like.

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas,

Bryce Stone
Founder of The Hunter Sight LLC
thehuntersight.com

P.S. I apologize if I broke any rules. I did read the rules posted at the top and it seemed fair game to post about your business.
Posted By: Longhunter

Re: Trail Camera Software to Pattern Animals - 12/24/18 09:20 PM

Welcome to THF... welcome
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum