Texas Hunting Forum

Red River Co. Buck

Posted By: DLALLDER

Red River Co. Buck - 12/06/18 01:06 PM

Has anyone heard any news about a big buck killed in Red River Co.? Was told it was a 23 pt 200 lb deer. Thanks
Posted By: ckat

Re: Red River Co. Buck - 12/06/18 01:28 PM

This one? I was told it was near Wellington, 173", and all mass measurements were over 5"; but I wouldn't take any of that to the bank...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Red River Co. Buck - 12/06/18 01:42 PM

What a toad. A long way from R R county though.
Posted By: DLALLDER

Re: Red River Co. Buck - 12/06/18 01:51 PM

The deer I was told about was killed by a woman and taken on a ranch called Cross Arrow, he thought.
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Red River Co. Buck - 12/06/18 01:55 PM

He a fatty.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Red River Co. Buck - 12/06/18 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by ckat
This one? I was told it was near Wellington, 173", and all mass measurements were over 5"; but I wouldn't take any of that to the bank...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Man from the pics I wouldn't doubt any of those stats in the least.
Posted By: Rustler

Re: Red River Co. Buck - 12/06/18 02:09 PM

Wellington isn't in or near Red River county confused2

Who knows, there are all sorts of rumors every year, a few pan out as reality.

This one is causing quite a stir ---> Big buck Collin county near Grayson co line.

Strange we've heard no more, considering no tag is visible on either buck.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Red River Co. Buck - 12/06/18 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Rustler

This one is causing quite a stir ---> Big buck Collin county near Grayson co line.

No kidding, how did Wellington get thrown in here?

There is a tag on the Collin Co one on a FB page it was posted on. Guys on the lease are on there but won't say where for good reason. I don't tell anyone the name of our LO!
Posted By: Rustler

Re: Red River Co. Buck - 12/06/18 05:29 PM

I've only seen one or two pictures of the buck supposedly from Collin county this year, none I've seen show a tag.

There are a few pics of big antlered deer from Collin co from years past.
Posted By: HWY72

Re: Red River Co. Buck - 12/06/18 07:08 PM

I'm not familiar with Red River Co, but that pic background, it looks like S Tx sandy loam with mesquite brush in the background - Frio, Dimmit, Lasalle, and Zavala counties have places just like that.

Re: Red River Co. Buck - 12/06/18 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by HWY72
I'm not familiar with Red River Co, but that pic background, it looks like S Tx sandy loam with mesquite brush in the background - Frio, Dimmit, Lasalle, and Zavala counties have places just like that.

So does Atascosa Wilson and Bexar.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Red River Co. Buck - 12/06/18 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by redchevy

The pic shown is definintly, 100%, not Red River County. Red river county is all oak and pine. I'd be shocked if there were a single mesquite tree in Red River County.
Posted By: HWY72

Re: Red River Co. Buck - 12/06/18 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by redchevy

Not trying to hijack the thread or be disrespectful here.

Atascosa ok maybe SW, but I don't think I've seen any places in Bexar or Wilson that red. I've got red sandy loam in my area in Adkins, but it's not nearly that color red. The Sand Band area south of San Antonio is mostly the tan color sand.

Re: Red River Co. Buck - 12/06/18 08:30 PM

No offence taken. I think the sun is helping the red tint in that photo at least a little bit. I don't live far from you though and I have pretty red dirt in my yard, no not that red but its not cultivated either.
Posted By: ckat

Re: Red River Co. Buck - 12/07/18 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Txduckman
Originally Posted by Rustler

No kidding, how did Wellington get thrown in here?

There is a tag on the Collin Co one on a FB page it was posted on. Guys on the lease are on there but won't say where for good reason. I don't tell anyone the name of our LO!

Wow, testy bunch. I apologize for wasting everyone's time. The OP asked a question with few details - 23 points, 200 lbs., and Red River County. I ASKED if it was the one pictured. He has a bunch of points (I didn't count them), he could easily pass for 200 lbs., and was supposedly shot on the RED RIVER near Wellington. I know that Red River County is not near Wellington, but Red River and RR County can easily be mistaken (if I say Washington, where am I talking about???)

I will respectfully bow out before I am tarred and feathered for wasting the bandwidth and precious seconds for a select few...
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Red River Co. Buck - 12/07/18 07:24 PM

Don't take it so seriously. Those were pretty harmless statements about the distance.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum