Texas Hunting Forum

Rutt?

Posted By: Copper tx.

Rutt? - 12/05/18 11:03 AM

When does rutt usually happen ,and how can you tell?
Posted By: Rustler

Re: Rutt? - 12/05/18 01:14 PM

Info on rut in whitetail deer ---> TPWD Rut
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Rutt? - 12/05/18 02:07 PM

The way you can tell is the deer seem to be moving around more than usual.
You will see does acting nervous and looking around, and some may crisscross your opening and sendero's and when you see that happen you can bet that there will be a buck along right behind her.
This can go on all day at it's peak, and if a buck is tending a doe he will not let her out of his sight. She may be out feeding but the buck will stay back not far behind in the brush and may try to push her or just wait until she moves, and she will tip you off if she keeps looking back and acting nervous.
I've watched two bucks feeding under a feeder once and a small doe actually came out and stared at the two bucks, then walked in a circle around them trying to get their attention. After she didn't have success luring them away from the corn she stood and watched them until one of them finally headed in her direction and she took off into the brush with the buck close behind.
Several minutes passed, and the doe came walking back out into the open swishing her tail back and forth, and then the buck slowly walked out smoking a cigarette.....True story except for the cigarette. roflmao
Posted By: Copper tx.

Re: Rutt? - 12/07/18 10:40 AM

Nice
Posted By: Captain Luke

Re: Rutt? - 12/07/18 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jimbo
The way you can tell is the deer seem to be moving around more than usual.
You will see does acting nervous and looking around, and some may crisscross your opening and sendero's and when you see that happen you can bet that there will be a buck along right behind her.
This can go on all day at it's peak, and if a buck is tending a doe he will not let her out of his sight. She may be out feeding but the buck will stay back not far behind in the brush and may try to push her or just wait until she moves, and she will tip you off if she keeps looking back and acting nervous.
I've watched two bucks feeding under a feeder once and a small doe actually came out and stared at the two bucks, then walked in a circle around them trying to get their attention. After she didn't have success luring them away from the corn she stood and watched them until one of them finally headed in her direction and she took off into the brush with the buck close behind.
Several minutes passed, and the doe came walking back out into the open swishing her tail back and forth, and then the buck slowly walked out smoking a cigarette.....True story except for the cigarette. roflmao

banana
Posted By: rob valle

Re: Rutt? - 12/07/18 08:46 PM

I can usually tell when I start seeing a bunch of road killed bucks.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum