Texas Hunting Forum

Deep north east Texas rut

Posted By: KWood_TSU

Deep north east Texas rut - 11/13/18 04:00 PM

Still not going on. Bucks still hanging out together at feeders at night.
Posted By: pine knott

Re: Deep north east Texas rut - 11/13/18 04:12 PM

Saw 15 this morning with 4 small bucks. Only one was trying to run, but it won't be long.
Posted By: DLALLDER

Re: Deep north east Texas rut - 11/13/18 10:30 PM

The rut was in the beginning stages on opening morning here. The 3 of us saw 8 bucks and 12 does. Two went home with us, a spike & a doe.
Posted By: Flashprism

Re: Deep north east Texas rut - 11/14/18 11:24 AM

Rut seems delayed in my area of Dickens county. Have seen no chasing and I've been out every day since opener. TPW chart shows my area to peak 11/16 to 11/23. hoping things pick up as my wife is still waiting for a mature buck. Took mine during the last week of archery he was with a bachelor group of a 9, a 6 and a 4.
Posted By: Safety1st

Re: Deep north east Texas rut - 11/14/18 02:00 PM

Full swing in central Texas.
Posted By: White Falcon

Re: Deep north east Texas rut - 11/14/18 02:13 PM

It's on in Wood Co.
Posted By: D Rogers

Re: Deep north east Texas rut - 11/14/18 03:20 PM

starting to tail off down here
Posted By: Bobbaganoosh

Re: Deep north east Texas rut - 11/14/18 04:21 PM

Hunted a property in Franklin county this past weekend and had a few running does.

Re: Deep north east Texas rut - 11/14/18 10:39 PM

Just had one of my good 2yo swing by my stand I'm in tonight. Had part of a broken beam. Rubbed his head on a branch for a second, but didn't pee in the scrape. Kept walking and never looked at the feeder. Came back to feeder after wandering around somewhere for 5 minutes.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Deep north east Texas rut - 11/14/18 10:43 PM

Hope you see a good one kwood, one of our spots is in cass county. Seems like the rut is from a week before Thanksgiving until a week after the last few years
Posted By: REALKILLER

Re: Deep north east Texas rut - 11/14/18 10:51 PM

Who jacked up this website? Posting pics is impossoble now. Got a pic of a big one 20 ft from my front door riding sally
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Deep north east Texas rut - 11/15/18 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by REALKILLER
Who jacked up this website? Posting pics is impossoble now. Got a pic of a big one 20 ft from my front door riding sally

You can still post photos, BUT, you have to go to the bottom of the page and click on, "Use Full Edition," before it will let you.

Re: Deep north east Texas rut - 11/15/18 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by rickym
Hope you see a good one kwood, one of our spots is in cass county. Seems like the rut is from a week before Thanksgiving until a week after the last few years

That's what I'm thinking. The moon phase shows to be right for that too. I did see what looked to be like a more mature buck chasing a doe on camera though. And it was still middle of the night.
Posted By: Flashprism

Re: Deep north east Texas rut - 11/15/18 07:05 PM

Finally seeing action. Had 4 different bucks searching past my tree stand this morning. Took my buck last week of archery the best I've gotten on my place. Now I'm watching and hog hunting. Wife slept in this morning and I'm sitting with her when she gets out. Love just seeing these shooters. 2 were really nice a 10 and a big 8.

Attached picture my buck archery 2018 x.jpg
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: Deep north east Texas rut - 11/16/18 02:53 PM

Last year on the opener, we had bucks going past us in every direction. The biggest problem that we had where all the hogs that where spooking the deer. This year we put more effort into shooting hogs before the opener and adding a hot wire around the food plot. So far I've only seen one hog during deer season and he wasn't sticking around. This year, it's been dead. The game cameras are not showing anything other then one really nice buck that was eating the corn for a few days, but now he's gone and it's just the normal does that are there every night. I'm not sure if the rut was early, or if it's late, but here in Tyler, I haven't seen any sign of it.
Posted By: Bear Charge

Re: Deep north east Texas rut - 11/17/18 02:41 AM

Near Marshall? Next week is the time.

Re: Deep north east Texas rut - 11/17/18 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by Bear Charge
Near Marshall? Next week is the time.

Yup. Some are chasing, so pre rut is on. Had 3 bucks come into a plot tonight, but no fighting going on.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum