Texas Hunting Forum

Seems early to me..

Posted By: billyhunt

Seems early to me.. - 10/19/18 01:31 AM

but they be after it, and have seen other pics.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Seems early to me.. - 10/19/18 01:33 AM

Just a little sparring
Posted By: JCB

Re: Seems early to me.. - 10/19/18 01:45 AM

As soon as the velvet comes off I get pics like that almost immediately. Just establishing a pecking order. Not really fighting for the ladies probably since that older buck is more interested in the corn.
Posted By: Hook-Em

Re: Seems early to me.. - 10/19/18 01:50 AM

Within 10 days of Thanksgiving
at our place in Mills county.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Seems early to me.. - 10/19/18 12:24 PM

I've got trail cam photos of two mature deer locked up and trying to kill one another on 10/10/18. 2am. This was in Webb County.
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: Seems early to me.. - 10/19/18 01:26 PM

Not early. This stuff doesn’t just start over night all of a sudden in November. At my place doe are being chased, scrapes active, and bucks fighting. The rut isn’t in full swing, but they aren’t going to just wait around and do nothing until the rut starts.
Posted By: don k

Re: Seems early to me.. - 10/19/18 01:41 PM

this time of the year I usually see a few bucks acting goofy. Around here there very seldom is a full blown rut. Bucks run Does for a while then they slow down. Then they start up again. When a Doe comes into heat they will chase her around.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Seems early to me.. - 10/19/18 01:58 PM

You have a picture at a feeder with 3 bucks in it, they are still grouped up, doesn't seem early to me.
Posted By: Flatcreek

Re: Seems early to me.. - 10/19/18 02:09 PM

It does seem early, but I watched a slick forkhorn separate a doe from her fawn and commence with the oustretched neck chase. Buck was a 2.5 maybe 3.5, just inside ears, 10" or 11" tall. Red River County.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Seems early to me.. - 10/19/18 07:03 PM

Not early in our neck of the woods. Watched the young one's spar on Monday morning.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Seems early to me.. - 10/19/18 07:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
Not early in our neck of the woods. Watched the young one's spar on Monday morning.
Yep and chase some does around.
Posted By: gwl2

Re: Seems early to me.. - 10/20/18 07:24 PM

Should be in full swing this next week in central tx
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum