Texas Hunting Forum

Wildgdame digital feeder timer

Posted By: ELKMTB

Wildgdame digital feeder timer - 10/14/18 08:59 PM

Is it possible the low rpm setting wont provide enough juice to spool up the motor on a 12v feeder.

Mine works fine on the test mode but wont throw on the regular feed times.

Or does the test work off the AA batteries and the big 12v battery is dead?
Posted By: jakebunch

Re: Wildgdame digital feeder timer - 10/14/18 09:16 PM

I am not giving a smart a. answer, but my experience with Wildgame products is when anything does not work right, replace it and never buy anything with that name on it.
Posted By: ELKMTB

Re: Wildgdame digital feeder timer - 10/14/18 09:28 PM

yea, their game camera was junk too, buy That was the only thing I could find in a podunk store on a sunday.
Posted By: JCB

Re: Wildgdame digital feeder timer - 10/14/18 09:30 PM

Originally Posted By: jakebunch
I am not giving a smart a. answer, but my experience with Wildgame products is when anything does not work right, replace it and never buy anything with that name on it.

^^^^^THIS!

BUT...….I do have a WGI feeder unit and the timer does not have AA batteries. It runs off the 12volt. If you have one that takes AA batteries in the timer than we have different units. I never liked the low RPM setting on the WGI anyway. It doesn't spread the corn well. Just dumps it under the feeder. Even with a solar panel I have to replace the 12volt battery every 4-5 weeks. Something about that unit just drains a battery too damn fast. I have HCR and West Texas Feeder Supply units on my other feeders and those batteries last 4 months WITHOUT a solar panel.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Wildgdame digital feeder timer - 10/14/18 10:50 PM

I would say it’s a different issue, in my experience it throws at full speed the first 2 seconds and then slows down and only throws about 3’ outside the feeder legs.
Posted By: jskin

Re: Wildgdame digital feeder timer - 10/14/18 11:16 PM

Trash it! If it's WGI it will fail!
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: Wildgdame digital feeder timer - 10/15/18 01:07 AM

How many volts are you reading on your voltage meter?
Posted By: Stompy

Re: Wildgdame digital feeder timer - 10/15/18 02:15 PM

You need to buy "The Timer" and be done with it. They're the best timers I've ever used.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Wildgdame digital feeder timer - 10/15/18 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Stompy
You need to buy "The Timer" and be done with it. They're the best timers I've ever used.

This and that wild game stuff doesn't even make a good head rock for a trotline.
Posted By: ddmm

Re: Wildgdame digital feeder timer - 10/15/18 06:03 PM

Have you put your battery on a charger to make sure it's fully charged. Could be the solar panel isn't charging good enough or there is a bad connection.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Wildgdame digital feeder timer - 10/15/18 07:03 PM

Originally Posted By: ddmm
Have you put your battery on a charger to make sure it's fully charged. Could be the solar panel isn't charging good enough or there is a bad connection.

For what it’s worth, I have found the amount of full sunlight that hits a solar charger makes a tremendous difference in it’s current output. Unless the panel will get plenty of direct sunlight during the day, I’m not sure I would even use one.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum