Texas Hunting Forum

Rain would help them

Posted By: rmp

Rain would help them - 07/02/18 08:24 PM

Rain would help but they seem to be doing ok. Just need someone to come hunt them.

Posted By: BubRay

Re: Rain would help them - 07/03/18 01:31 AM

up
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Rain would help them - 07/03/18 01:39 AM

I’m sure someone with a lot of money will
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Rain would help them - 07/03/18 02:48 AM

Looking good.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Rain would help them - 07/03/18 11:29 AM

cheers
Posted By: Western

Re: Rain would help them - 07/03/18 04:36 PM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
Why, you and I can go hunt them for him and we wont charge him a dime for our trouble...

Re: Rain would help them - 07/04/18 12:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Western
Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
Why, you and I can go hunt them for him and we wont charge him a dime for our trouble...

Lol, we are selling hunts. Buck, doe, hog and varmits for $4500. Bucks should all be 150+. We're an hour west of Ft Worth in the Stephenville area.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Rain would help them - 07/04/18 01:53 AM

Rain will help them?
I have heard plenty of HFers say that drought years make for bigger deer, they have no choice except eat protein.

Re: Rain would help them - 07/04/18 06:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Simple Searcher
Rain will help them?
I have heard plenty of HFers say that drought years make for bigger deer, they have no choice except eat protein.

Ours had plenty of browse early but since mid may it sure is dry and yes they do live with their head in the feeder. We have fed a lot of cotton seed this year and they seem to do well on it.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Rain would help them - 07/04/18 01:09 PM

We feed on both sides of the fence and they are eating a ton, actually several tons. Although we hear others say that low rain makes for bigger deer, we would sure love to have a good rain year, it has been quite a while.

Re: Rain would help them - 07/04/18 04:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Simple Searcher
We feed on both sides of the fence and they are eating a ton, actually several tons. Although we hear others say that low rain makes for bigger deer, we would sure love to have a good rain year, it has been quite a while.

I agree. We'd love to see a good general rain. It has to help the does with fawns.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum