Texas Hunting Forum

Big Ole Bait Piles

Posted By: HVILLE HNTR

Big Ole Bait Piles - 04/29/18 12:37 AM

Seems like a lot of the hunting shows use a method that involves dumping 150 lbs of corn on the ground and then of course topping it off with the advertised attractant that “Brings in more deer than anything they have ever used”...Ok so forget the BS special attractant. Do any of use the Big ole bait pile approach just using plain corn instead of spreading evenly on roads, fields or lanes?
Posted By: Shotgun Willie

Re: Big Ole Bait Piles - 04/29/18 03:06 AM

I did it a couple years ago as a result of not getting my feeder mech bolts tight enough. It was a big pile. It did not work out well. Wouldn't recommend.
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Big Ole Bait Piles - 04/29/18 09:52 AM

I have corn feeders but also corn the road for about 25 yards in several spots. Then dump some rice bran. This works well when they start avoiding the feeders during the daytime. Others here have reported not getting good response to rice bran but it works well for me.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Big Ole Bait Piles - 05/02/18 04:50 PM

I prefer to broadcast the corn on roads or trails rather than dumping a big pile. Corning areas around stands seems to be more effective than feeders, although we also use them in conjunction with road corning.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum