Texas Hunting Forum

“The Heater Bodysuit”

Posted By: Merican Duck Hunter

“The Heater Bodysuit” - 04/24/18 06:02 PM

I saw this on major league bow hunter the other night and was curious if anyone has used one? They’re pretty high, but there were several days last season when the windchill was in the single digits that I couldn’t sit in the tree stand as long as I wanted to.
Posted By: Tye

Re: “The Heater Bodysuit” - 04/24/18 09:44 PM

I have not. But I guided a "TV hunter" who was from up north here in Texas several years ago. He was sponsored by them. We had a bad freeze/snow storm and he would not go out unless he had one of the Mr buddy heaters with him that my brother and I brought with us. I guess they don't work as good as advertised...I think they shot some show footage with it though....
Posted By: chalet

Re: “The Heater Bodysuit” - 04/25/18 02:19 AM

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: “The Heater Bodysuit” - 04/25/18 02:37 AM

I’ve used one Oklahoma/KS border. They work. Are they they mr buddy comfortable no, but in a tree in late Dec they are about as good as it gets.
Posted By: sqiggy

Re: “The Heater Bodysuit” - 04/25/18 04:37 AM

I bought one for my hunts in Kansas. Yes, they do work. It's nothing more than a wind/water proof sleeping bag that has straps inside to keep it from falling down around your ankles when you need to make a shot. It kept me on stand all morning long one morning when it was spittin freezing rain and sleet with the wind howling. Talk about cold that day, but I stayed comfy enough to hunt till I got hungry and came on in to camp for a hot lunch.
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: “The Heater Bodysuit” - 04/25/18 03:54 PM

I have a family member who bought a Milwaukee battery powered heated jacket that he hunts in and loves it.
Posted By: Bigbuckdownagain

Re: “The Heater Bodysuit” - 05/13/18 02:10 PM

I love mine.I go to kansas every year and it has become a part of my "must have " equiptment. Its a little bulky but will keep you very warm. I would say money well spent.
Posted By: spg

Re: “The Heater Bodysuit” - 05/13/18 08:59 PM

I have bought one for when I used to hunt the mid west (Iowa/MO/IL) and yes they do work. Kind of tricky to put on in a tree stand but they will keep you warm. I haven't used mine in 7 years just taking up space in my closet.
Posted By: Homer Jay

Re: “The Heater Bodysuit” - 05/14/18 05:06 PM

Do they come in 3XL? lol
Posted By: Merican Duck Hunter

Re: “The Heater Bodysuit” - 05/14/18 08:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Homer Jay
Do they come in 3XL? lol

Yup
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum