Texas Hunting Forum

Test Your Deer Hunting Rules Knowledge

Posted By: dkershen

Test Your Deer Hunting Rules Knowledge - 04/09/18 02:53 PM

Without referring back to the TPWD website or Annual Reg's book answer the following two questions concerning dog's and deer hunting.
Posted By: Stevarino

Re: Test Your Deer Hunting Rules Knowledge - 04/09/18 03:16 PM

Had to guess on the second one.. don’t recall reading anything in regards to number..
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Test Your Deer Hunting Rules Knowledge - 04/09/18 03:53 PM

I have no clue. Never paid attention to those rules as all my deer DRT (especially when I fenceline hunt) rifle deer
walking taz paw deer2
lol444
Posted By: landsurveyor

Re: Test Your Deer Hunting Rules Knowledge - 04/09/18 08:57 PM

SWAG
Posted By: Stub

Re: Test Your Deer Hunting Rules Knowledge - 04/09/18 09:47 PM

Guessed on both, no clue confused2
Posted By: sbushee

Re: Test Your Deer Hunting Rules Knowledge - 04/09/18 10:27 PM

As did I. I said not allowed and zero
Posted By: Walkabout

Re: Test Your Deer Hunting Rules Knowledge - 04/09/18 10:29 PM

Ya know we have several guys listed on the forum that will track your wounded deer with a trained dogs. Just say'n.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Test Your Deer Hunting Rules Knowledge - 04/10/18 01:30 AM

Impressed that 60+ percent got question one correct. Surprised over 70% got the second question wrong.
Here is the regulations from the means and methods section related to dogs:

Dogs
A person is prohibited from using a dog to hunt or pursue deer in this state. A person who violates this law is subject to a fine of $500-$4,000 and/or a year in jail. Additionally, a person's hunting and fishing licenses may be revoked or suspended. In addition, no person may possess a shotgun and buckshot or slugs while in the field with dogs on another person's land during an open deer season in Angelina, Hardin, Jasper, Nacogdoches, Newton, Orange, Sabine, San Augustine, Shelby, and Tyler counties.

It is unlawful to use dogs to trail a wounded deer in the counties listed above.

Not more than two dogs may be used to trail a wounded deer in counties not listed above. A "wounded deer" is a deer leaving a blood trail.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Test Your Deer Hunting Rules Knowledge - 04/10/18 02:14 AM

I looked it up after I answered, interesting rules.
Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)

Re: Test Your Deer Hunting Rules Knowledge - 04/12/18 01:38 AM

Ya'll ever read that book that they give you when you get your license?
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Test Your Deer Hunting Rules Knowledge - 04/12/18 12:23 PM

I live and hunt in Harrison county and we used to be a restricted county. Used to hunt in Louisiana where they ran deer with dogs and since we share a border with them I think that is why we were in that category for so long.
Glad they changed it for us as I have helped trail many wounded deer over the years where a good dog would have really helped.
Posted By: Stevarino

Re: Test Your Deer Hunting Rules Knowledge - 04/12/18 12:47 PM

Guessed on the second, got both right.. boom
Posted By: Monster_Raxx

Re: Test Your Deer Hunting Rules Knowledge - 04/26/18 01:07 AM

If you need a dog to trail a deer you might wanna practice shooting a little more
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum