Texas Hunting Forum

Adamsville, Texas Hunting?

Posted By: HLo

Adamsville, Texas Hunting? - 02/27/18 05:01 AM

A friend is buying a small tract of land on the Lampasas River a few miles from Adamsville. Anyone hunt around there. Are there plenty of deer, hogs, for hunting? Any pics would be appreciated. All low fences around it looks like.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Adamsville, Texas Hunting? - 02/27/18 02:11 PM

Good deer hunting. Not sure about hogs.
Posted By: Capt.JVH

Re: Adamsville, Texas Hunting? - 02/27/18 02:21 PM

I own a place halfway between Lometa and Adamsville and my friend owns a place just outside of Adamsville on the river. Likely pretty close to where you are talking about. We both have plenty of deer and turkeys. I have more hogs than he does. His place is hit or miss with the pigs.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Adamsville, Texas Hunting? - 02/27/18 03:29 PM

I have a friend that has a little over 140 acres about 2 miles due east of Adamsville's Baptist church. He has quite a few deer, his family usually takes 1-2 bucks and 1-3 does each season .... and he does veteran's hunters during the 2 week spike/doe extended season that usually they take an additional 4-6 does/spikes during that hunt. I've seen deer every time I have been out there. Not a whole lot of hunting pressure around him and a good buck usually in the 110-120 score. He has not seen any hogs but his neighbor has ... so they will be there before long.

give the little Australian cafe a try at the flashing light, awesome meat pies!
Posted By: jmh004

Re: Adamsville, Texas Hunting? - 02/27/18 04:07 PM

Plenty of all three is that area.

Re: Adamsville, Texas Hunting? - 02/27/18 04:19 PM

PMK, the meat pie place is closing down!

Re: Adamsville, Texas Hunting? - 02/27/18 04:21 PM

Fantastic, good news.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Adamsville, Texas Hunting? - 02/27/18 04:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Capt.JVH
PMK, the meat pie place is closing down!

dang! do you know when they are closing? are they relocating to somewhere else with more traffic?

Re: Adamsville, Texas Hunting? - 02/27/18 07:11 PM

My friend was at the Adamsville FD for a game warden dinner earlier in the year and they were talking about it then. Rumor was that he's just closing shop.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Adamsville, Texas Hunting? - 02/27/18 10:41 PM

Spent a lot of time in and around Adamsville in the late 80s and early 90s. The first deer lease I had was in Adamsville the rock road that heads West from town and ends just before the river was my Southern boundary so basically a big field and the river. Killed 4 deer a year as it was a 4 deer county in those days. Biggest buck I took on that place was an 8 that scored 121. Plenty of turkeys and the occasional hog back then.
Posted By: JCB

Re: Adamsville, Texas Hunting? - 02/27/18 10:55 PM

I hunted about a mile outside of Adamsville for 2 years right along the river. That was the early 2000's. We never saw or got a picture of a pig but I am sure they are there now. Deer quality was pretty good. Never saw any giants but some nice genetics with lots of kickers and stickers on the racks. Good variety of 8's, 9's, 10's, few 11's, and one of our hunters killed a 14 point. Like I said nothing giant but some very respectable deer.

From what I understand there is also a couple of different types of Whitetails there as well. Only reason I know that is because there were times I would see a 130 pound 5 year old and then the next deer that stepped out would be a 150 pound 4 year old shaped like a Butterball. Did some research and found there are some different sub species that roam that area. Even the color of them was different from one deer to the next a lot of times. Never encountered that on any other place I have hunted.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Adamsville, Texas Hunting? - 02/27/18 11:59 PM

My uncles place is just south of Adamsville south of Simms creek. Nice deer....rare hogs....lots of turkeys....
Posted By: copperhead

Re: Adamsville, Texas Hunting? - 02/28/18 02:03 AM

My grandparents lived in Adamsville until they passed away in the 80's. My dad and I squirrel hunted and fished on the Lampasas river at the bridge south of Adamsville. We'd try to get some squirrels for my granddad, he loved them with gravy, tomatoes, fried okra, and a cat head bisquit. Dad and I hunted a little further west from there but on the river. Saw lots of deer and turkey but not many big ones but that was years ago.

Re: Adamsville, Texas Hunting? - 02/28/18 03:21 AM

Wow, cannot wait to set up the game camera and feeders. My friend and I shoot about 1 deer a year so looking forward to having another place to hunt. Not a big place only 50+ acres but if we get a doe or spike we will be happy.
Posted By: bossbowman

Re: Adamsville, Texas Hunting? - 02/28/18 05:26 PM

Sleeper area since the antler restrictions started. Were always alot of deer there just no size to them before 2006 because they weren't allowed to grow up, AR changed that

Re: Adamsville, Texas Hunting? - 02/28/18 06:25 PM

Snake wrangler, sounds like that is pretty close to my place. Bee Cave creek runs through my place and dumps into Simms a ways down. There are some pretty cool critters out by us. This buck is at my friends place on the Lampasas river in Adamsville. He made it through the deer season. Comes in almost daily.

Re: Adamsville, Texas Hunting? - 03/01/18 02:39 AM

Never seen a white deer like that. Around Dripping Springs they have the black looking deer that i have seen.
Posted By: Lazyman

Re: Adamsville, Texas Hunting? - 03/01/18 05:53 AM

Looks like several of y'all are within a few minutes of where I live..
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Adamsville, Texas Hunting? - 03/01/18 02:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Capt.JVH
Snake wrangler, sounds like that is pretty close to my place. Bee Cave creek runs through my place and dumps into Simms a ways down. There are some pretty cool critters out by us. This buck is at my friends place on the Lampasas river in Adamsville. He made it through the deer season. Comes in almost daily.

We've seen several "white" not albino whitetail deer around there....very kool to see!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum