Texas Hunting Forum

Floor Pedestal

Posted By: Grosvenor

Floor Pedestal - 02/01/18 04:12 PM

Hey folks, I need a little help finding a floor pedestal for a whitetail. The buck has a lot of extras, including a real nice flyer off the back that you just can't see unless you can walk around him. My taxidermist is great, but didn't have many suggestions. His suggestion was to use a wall pedestal form and let me figure out how to hang it on a floor pedestal. I'm hoping some of you won't mind posting some or your floor pedestal mounts. I'm particularly interested in seeing how the deer is hung on the floor pedestal since all the pics I've found online only show the front view. Also, any recommendations as to where I might order/purchase a pedestal would be great. Thanks!

Here's my buck.

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Floor Pedestal - 02/01/18 04:20 PM

This is one I had done a few years back. It is a heavy pedestal base.

I am going to do a wall pedestal mount using an arm TV wall mount. Found a wall mount arm that is not that expensive that will push the mount out away from the wall and then I can turn/move the mount to fit the place I have it mounted. I am also going to make a floor pedestal that I can mount a wall pedestal form onto myself. I have some lumber I milled and planed myself I am going to use for the upright post then cut a slab out of stump for the base.
Posted By: BenBob

Re: Floor Pedestal - 02/01/18 04:23 PM

If I had killed that deer, I might have to put him on an automatic rotating pedestal and set my alarm to wake me every hour to take another look at him. Nice buck.

Re: Floor Pedestal - 02/01/18 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
I am also going to make a floor pedestal that I can mount a wall pedestal form onto myself. I have some lumber I milled and planed myself I am going to use for the upright post then cut a slab out of stump for the base.

You should build two of those...

...and sell one...

to me...
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Floor Pedestal - 02/01/18 04:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Grosvenor
Originally Posted By: stxranchman
I am also going to make a floor pedestal that I can mount a wall pedestal form onto myself. I have some lumber I milled and planed myself I am going to use for the upright post then cut a slab out of stump for the base.

You should build two of those...

...and sell one...

to me...

Huisache trees that big are not that common. I have one that was huge that barely got me enough lumber to do the one I want. Finding a large in trunk to cut a slab/base out of (that is pretty) is the hold up at this point.
Posted By: Southtexas36

Re: Floor Pedestal - 02/01/18 10:22 PM

I have this floor pedestal. I asked my taxidermist to use this form, he ordered it and mounted it from there. Ideas are endless on what type of base you use, I used the Mckenzie barnwood pedestal on this one. It allows for 360 degree view and can even be rotated on the base if you get the screw in (threaded rod) system.

Posted By: fouzman

Re: Floor Pedestal - 02/01/18 11:04 PM

This floor pedestal base is constructed of distressed Mesquite.

Posted By: fouzman

Re: Floor Pedestal - 02/01/18 11:13 PM

Has wheels underneath so it can be moved or turned, easily.
Posted By: rdmac

Re: Floor Pedestal - 02/02/18 02:35 AM

I posted this in the photo section a couple of weeks ago. It's not a whitetail, but I had my stag mounted on a floor pedestal.
Posted By: tlk

Re: Floor Pedestal - 02/02/18 02:42 AM

PM sent -have them make the pedestal to where the mount can be pivoted - I have one and it works great - adapts to any room and anyone can swivel the mount easily to see all sides
Posted By: ScrapIron

Re: Floor Pedestal - 02/02/18 10:49 AM

ive got a barn full of sawn mesquite, weesatchee, and anaqua i think im gonna built a few and see if theyd sell

Re: Floor Pedestal - 02/02/18 02:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Scrap iron
ive got a barn full of sawn mesquite, weesatchee, and anaqua i think im gonna built a few and see if theyd sell

I'd buy. Let me know...

Re: Floor Pedestal - 02/02/18 02:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Southtexas36
I have this floor pedestal. I asked my taxidermist to use this form, he ordered it and mounted it from there. Ideas are endless on what type of base you use, I used the Mckenzie barnwood pedestal on this one. It allows for 360 degree view and can even be rotated on the base if you get the screw in (threaded rod) system.

Thanks for this. Very helpful. And thanks for all the other replies.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Floor Pedestal - 02/02/18 02:29 PM

Great looking bucks y'all up
Posted By: tlk

Re: Floor Pedestal - 02/02/18 03:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Scrap iron

I would also buy
Posted By: landsurveyor

Re: Floor Pedestal - 02/02/18 06:43 PM

All look great!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum