Texas Hunting Forum

Wish someone could have killed this one been two years now and hasn't been back

Posted By: okbowhunter

Wish someone could have killed this one been two years now and hasn't been back - 01/22/18 08:37 PM

Had him on camera for two years and for the last three years no sign of him. None of us ever laid eyes on him just pictures.

Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Re: Wish someone could have killed this one been two years now and hasn't been back - 01/22/18 09:13 PM

Cool buck!
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Wish someone could have killed this one been two years now and hasn't been back - 01/22/18 09:51 PM

Great buck! He wasn't young in that picture. Buck mortality is very high, they die for a lot of reasons.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Wish someone could have killed this one been two years now and hasn't been back - 01/23/18 12:51 PM

Old, old buck!

Re: Wish someone could have killed this one been two years now and hasn't been back - 01/23/18 02:47 PM

Him and the buck behind him were always together almost every set of game cam pics had the two.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Wish someone could have killed this one been two years now and hasn't been back - 01/23/18 03:22 PM

Like the drop tine and character, would look nice on the wall up
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: Wish someone could have killed this one been two years now and hasn't been back - 01/23/18 04:22 PM

Nice one. There was a time when if I had seen such a buck in daylight photos, I would have been on stand pre-dawn to dark every day while making slight set up changes everyday hunting him. Those old bucks pattern us too.

Re: Wish someone could have killed this one been two years now and hasn't been back - 01/23/18 08:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt
Nice one. There was a time when if I had seen such a buck in daylight photos, I would have been on stand pre-dawn to dark every day while making slight set up changes everyday hunting him. Those old bucks pattern us too.

I agree. He could have been killed in October he was patterned.
I couldn't take my hunting days until November and by then he was in rut and not on a pattern no one saw him. If I lived near there I would have been out there every chance starting oct 1.
Posted By: REALKILLER

Re: Wish someone could have killed this one been two years now and hasn't been back - 01/24/18 09:24 AM

Alot of times old bucks will come up gone. More often than not they get killed by jimmy joe meat hunter or a person that knows that the noticable rack will draw too much attention and they keep it on the DL. Orrrr? He could be watchin and laughin at your actions from a far.
Posted By: landsurveyor

Re: Wish someone could have killed this one been two years now and hasn't been back - 01/24/18 04:21 PM

Dang nice buck and too bad no one had the chance to connect
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum