Texas Hunting Forum

SPYPOINT link evo

Posted By: Codyd713

SPYPOINT link evo - 12/29/17 12:28 AM

Trying to figure out why the red light that reads ‘busy’ is lit up. The light is on the lower back side of the camera. Their website isn’t very easy to troubleshoot. Status of the camera shows it’s ready to go but it’s not taking any photos. Anyone have a solution?
Posted By: lmd59

Re: SPYPOINT link evo - 12/29/17 02:23 AM

Send it back to them and it will fall into a black hole. Terrible customer service and crappy cameras.
Posted By: tannerlst

Re: SPYPOINT link evo - 12/29/17 03:17 AM

I don't like mine . Horrible quality pictures
Posted By: Pootie

Re: SPYPOINT link evo - 12/29/17 12:54 PM

Returned mine - when it did work (not often) crappy pics. Picked up a Bushnell Aggressor and am very happy with it.

Re: SPYPOINT link evo - 12/29/17 02:00 PM

Dang, not the responses I was hoping for but after reading other reviews, I kind of expected it.
Posted By: Dien

Re: SPYPOINT link evo - 12/29/17 03:58 PM

Never had a problem with mine. Firmware needed to be updated and they sent e-mail. Week before my unit wouldn't work because I didn't update it they called me twice from Canada to remind me.

Have you tried switching out the memory card as they go bad regularly on mine. Fresh batteries also.

Re: SPYPOINT link evo - 12/29/17 04:21 PM

Yeah I put brand new entergizer lithium’s in it and also tried two different new sd cards. Haven’t received anything about updating firmware.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: SPYPOINT link evo - 12/29/17 05:09 PM

I have had that issue twice on my camera. First time was when I first set it up, was not getting a signal so I got a cell booster antenna and it solved the problem.

More recently I had the same thing happen after switching out dead batteries. Turned out the service contract had expired and they couldn't charge my CC so there was no service plan to get the pics from. Soon as I updated the CC info I got good service again.

I have been pleased with my link evo. Pic quality out of any cell camera is not great, but it does tell you something is there. that's all I use it for...
Posted By: tannerlst

Re: SPYPOINT link evo - 12/29/17 05:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Texas buckeye
I have had that issue twice on my camera. First time was when I first set it up, was not getting a signal so I got a cell booster antenna and it solved the problem.

More recently I had the same thing happen after switching out dead batteries. Turned out the service contract had expired and they couldn't charge my CC so there was no service plan to get the pics from. Soon as I updated the CC info I got good service again.

I have been pleased with my link evo. Pic quality out of any cell camera is not great, but it does tell you something is there. that's all I use it for...

The Covert cell cams take good pictures
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: SPYPOINT link evo - 12/29/17 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By: tannerlst
Originally Posted By: Texas buckeye

The Covert cell cams take good pictures

And covert customer service is about as good as it comes. Love my coverts.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum