Texas Hunting Forum

My week in Tennessee (pic heavy)

Posted By: Dry Fire

My week in Tennessee (pic heavy) - 12/11/17 02:51 PM

There is a reason we call it hunting. Last week, three of us hunted the Waynesboro area and saw a total of two deer. Last year we saw 5-10 a day. We heard only two gunshots the entire time we spent there.

Here was my view Monday - Wednesday. Last year the pipeline was green and attracted plenty of deer. This year it looks like the state killed off all vegetation.

Wednesday, we pulled our ladder stands out and decided to hike into a remote canyon on Thursday. At the bottom we found plenty of cover and browse. Plus a nice clear, spring fed creek.

Re: My week in Tennessee (pic heavy) - 12/11/17 02:58 PM

We really didn't need to pack in liquids, as we discovered plenty of springs to drink from.

Cold and Clear. Now I know why I like Jack Daniels so much! I kept expecting to find an old whiskey still.

Lastly, I discovered we were not the first to visit. Don't know the animal this skull was from and I assume the sock contained some type of lure for trapping.

Season runs until New Year's so hopefully, I'll get back one or two more times for day trips.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: My week in Tennessee (pic heavy) - 12/11/17 02:59 PM

Beautiful. Sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the bug.
Posted By: Stub

Re: My week in Tennessee (pic heavy) - 12/11/17 03:08 PM

Inlaws used to live just south of Nashville, enjoyed visiting them up there beautiful country.

Neat pics thanks for sharing up
Posted By: bear64

Re: My week in Tennessee (pic heavy) - 12/11/17 03:52 PM

the sock most likely was filled with rock salt from time to time, when it rains the salt will leach out onto the ground and create a mineral lick. back in the day it was fairly common to see gym socks hanging here and there in the hills and hollers of kentucky and tennessee
Posted By: Wacm

Re: My week in Tennessee (pic heavy) - 12/11/17 05:25 PM

Looks like y'all stumbled on the Blair witch. Good thing you didn't get lost
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: My week in Tennessee (pic heavy) - 12/11/17 05:40 PM

looks like you had a good time.
Posted By: landsurveyor

Re: My week in Tennessee (pic heavy) - 12/11/17 06:43 PM

Cool place

Re: My week in Tennessee (pic heavy) - 12/11/17 09:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Stub
Inlaws used to live just south of Nashville, enjoyed visiting them up there beautiful country.

Neat pics thanks for sharing up

The other two that went with me live in Columbia. I almost (and wish) I had taken the job offer in Franklin.
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: My week in Tennessee (pic heavy) - 12/11/17 10:03 PM

Originally Posted By: landsurveyor
Cool place
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum